Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Acetanilidum
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

For the kind attention of udaya - pyometra post surgery
Started by: Newark at June 11 2017

Replies: 52 & Views: 1582    Font    Page 2 of 3  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next          Reply

Re:For the kind attention of udaya - pyometra post surgery By: Newark

June 27 2017
I'm glad things are going well! I will hopefully catch up with you a bit more as time goes on. Same to you and Tuckoo :0)

Newark

July 1 2017
Morning Udaya,

I have some great news this morning. Nuala is officially all better! I will be taking it a bit easy with her (as much as she allows) but no restrictions and back to normality. Thanks so much for all your help. Any problems with her, I'll post and seek further help. She's up lying on the couch as I type :0)

Best wishes

Re:For the kind attention of udaya - pyometra post surgery By: udaya kumar
--

July 1 2017
Good......Naula is always welcome....!!

--

July 1 2017
Thank you! She enjoyed her first day out off the lead and sound asleep now. Huge relief for us both no doubt

Best wishes

--

July 3 2017
ok

--

July 24 2017
Hi Udaya,

Had a little issue with Nuala. She hasn't seemed able to distinguish the direction of sound for a few days. If a noise came from the hall for example, she would go looking in the kitchen. No other symptoms, still behaving as she does so I gave her a further dose of tuberculinum. She passed a large bowel movement today and seems much more settled, less excitable. Her ear didn't appear to be annoying her but there may have been something lingering or the surgery has just knocked her off a bit. Will keep an eye on her and any problems I will post for further advice.

Best wishes

July 24 2017
One thing, while it's on my mind. She has a nodule under one of her nipples. The vet would have removed it whilst doing her surgery but she was too ill. It hasn't improved, but hasn't got any worse. The nipple also has a skin tag (only one she has) and I don't know if it's sore to touch or she's just a bit self conscious of it being touched. Vet isn't overly concerned about it as there's been no change, don't think it's cancerous either but obviously better if I can remove it naturally for all reasons. As the vet said, she's a happy healthy dog - prevention better than cure. Should I try calc flour?

Thanks

--

July 24 2017
thuja, calcarea fluor and conium are good options......Arnica 30C single dose for the "surgery has just knocked her of a bit" if not arnica phosphorus 30C single dose only
We should consider the ruberic hearing loss in elderly persons and use baryta carb 3X

--

July 24 2017
I had thought of conium too and had been giving it to her but then I was thinking about it more. It's for older dogs, but for older dogs slowing down. There's nothing slow about her just now! So I started questioning it.

I gave her Arnica the day after her surgery and it got her on her feet very quickly. I have wondered about phosphorus for the anaesthesia, especially her being older in body anyway! I'll do that and order the baryta carb.

What she has just confirmed, because this was causing a bit of confusion. Outside there are no issues with her hearing. I didn't and haven't noticed any problems with recall or anything. We have a train station quite near and a train passed, looked right at the sound and followed it. It's only in the house - pulsatilla?

Best wishes

July 25 2017
Hi Udaya,

Just an update further from last night. No new symptoms but there is a very slight brown slough like discharge in Nuala's ear this morning. It doesn't seem to be bothering her at the moment. If it's not tuberculinum and the natural healing process. She's developed an ear infection - it's still her left ear. Temperament wise, she's a lot better than she has been for weeks. Much calmer/less excitable, sleeping soundly and at the moment lying happily chewing on a bone. With regards to her hearing, I will continue to observe but she was able to distinguish my neighbour putting the bin out, from outside (whilst we're inside) and the postman.

She does roll about and urinate on any scents she picks up - foxes seem to be her favourite! So, I will keep an eye on it and wait to see if it's an improvement from the tuberculinum or still an issue with her ear that hasn't fully resolved and needing something further.

I had forgotten to mention about the difference between her being indoors and outdoors and forgot until I had her out last night.

Thanks Udaya

July 26 2017
Hi Udaya,

I hope you're well. Nuala's ear is about 80% better today and hearing has improved. I will keep an eye on it and see how she goes but hopefully that's her sorted again.

Thanks again,

--

July 26 2017
It seems that there was an ear infection which had caused the dizziness and not able to stand up..... since that is over and the discharges have come out it should be resolved and she should recover faster.

--

Re:For the kind attention of udaya - pyometra post surgery By: TaraJoy

July 30 2017
Hi Newark. I hope you and Nuala and Maisie are getting on alright.
I'm wanting to tell you I've never been able to click on your name and see all your posts, as I can with my own and others....so I'm sure I'm missing out a lot....apologies if it seemed I'd ignored you.

On another note, I was thinking of you last night and got this crazy thought: have you ever had a weighted blanket? I had my mother-in-law make a few for Tuckoo and I found out how good they made me feel as well. Supposedly gives the nervous system 'good information' - was calming to me when I was totally overwhelmed. I know you've been through quite a lot and I pictured you cozied up with one...like a big hug. :0)

Come to think on it, Tuckoo didn't like the blankets for a long time. My perception was that her frequent 'crises' were the only things she had to hold on to when all else was chaos to her and switching over to calm was actually a threat. Same with Yoga - she put up such a fight. Now that she's so much better, she looks for the blankets and the yoga.

Take care of yourself,
~Tara

August 16 2017
Hi Tara,

Apologies for the long delay in getting back to you! She's a little fighter your Tuckoo, isn't she :0)

I haven't. I do know a couple of people that use them for their kids who have autism but had never crossed my mind....... Nuala is doing great again. Wasn't rushing the recovery, just letting her do her own thing and enjoying being outdoors again and just last week, someone threw a ball for their dog and she went after it so it's all good for now. Her and Maisie are full of mischief, playing is getting a bit rougher which they're enjoying more than me at times :0) but it's all good fun. I'm slowly but surely getting there - more stress than anything else. If nothing else goes wrong, I'll hopefully get a clear run for a while and get a chance to properly pick myself up. I hope you're well and Tuckoo too!

Best wishes

August 17 2017
Hi Newark....happy you're all pulling on well and hoping you get that clear run you mention. I was thinking of you (my fellow animal lover) as Tuckoo managed to find a kitten as well as an apparently abandoned duckling all in one day! She's following in my footsteps and time for me to be building a new Ark.
On the weighted blanket, I'd heard from a few therapists who used them for their patients that they were surprised how much 'good input' they got themselves when they tried the blankets (or wraps). I do hope I'm not mother henning you to death - I try to resist but it is, after all, my calling card. :0)
Take care,
Tara

August 19 2017
Hi Tara,

Hahaha, no you're not mother henning at all! Just passing on some useful thoughts and help.

Has she got names yet?? :0) I was always picking up strays and adopting, mainly cats whilst we were on holidays. I'll stick with the two I have for now :0) more than enough for me!

Speak to you soon,

Newark

August 25 2017
Hi Newark,
Oh, she's got names alright, the canny wee thing. She calls the kitten Brian, after my husband's father who passed on last winter. I'm fair sure she did that so I'll be too sentimental to ever think of giving him up. She calls the duckling Dainťal....we got him to a sanctuary yesterday....so embarrassing....I could barely leave him....me bawling and him quacking up a storm!
Never mind mother hen....I'm mother duck now....
I'll wager you never had to work too hard picking up any 'strays' - they always know a good thing when they see one -likely they sniffed you out long before you'd even laid eyes on them. I'm sure your two are more than enough and I'm hoping no more find you for awhile - it's too late for me, but save yourself!
How are you feeling?
~Tara

August 26 2017
Hahaha, she's not daft! Master of manipulation!! Clever girl ;0) loving the names and a tribute to her granda is lovely even if she does have an anterior motive. Sounds like Tuckoo is growing up fast! I'm a bit of an animal (and child) magnet but I definitely need to keep a sensible head on it! Can't get Maisie neutered until I get this place sorted and one of the local "boys" is paying regular visits through the night and she's not having it in the slightest Very Happy spitting and heckles up amighty. She had her annual check up yesterday and in great health so that's us all had our MOT for this year and thankfully nothing to be worrying about for them anyway. Once Maisie's been dressed and gets out and about I think things will be better for her. She's not a natural house cat but keeping her amused and she's happy enough. Nothing seems to stop Nuala the superdog either, she's doing great again and as happy as ever! I'm doing ok, physically and mentally drained still but trying as hard as I can not to succumb to it again. Physically getting a bit stronger and swithering whether to try and get back to the gym soon so I'll see how I go with that, and maybe another step forward. It's a bit of a vicious cycle and trying to work out how much is going to be too much again. But, no worse so just need to keep at it. The animals are healthy so I'm doing something right! :0) have you any nice plans for the weekend? If so, hope you have some fun and relaxation.

Meant to mention before, I don't get and never have got email notifications, so if there's a delay in me getting back to you, it's just timing and events getting back on. Although, no news is always good for here!

Take care Tara and I'll speak to you again soon!

September 1 2017
Hi Newark,
I don't even know about email notifications so never worry. It's still quite strange that if ever I click on your name and then 'find all posts', I get nothing! But for most other names, including my own, I'm seeing all their posts. Mystery, that.
So happy Nuala and her sidekick Maisie are well. Our last kitten was a female and I don't miss that particular aspect you're speaking of! As for Tuckoo, definitely growing up, though she's not as canny as I joked. She's still so sheltered and now that she's finally getting out and about a bit more, I can see she's got a lot of catching up to do!
As for yourself, I'm hearing you on the vicious cycle - as I'm sure we've discussed before. There's got to be some way to keep the balance and shore up for the next go round! I keep you in my thoughts and will be letting you know if/when I get some ideas. :0)
~Tara

September 5 2017
That is very bizarre! I know I don't get replied to very often which is very discouraging but I didn't know about the profile issues until you mentioned them. I just check back randomly now and if there's been a post/reply, usually from yourself then I just reply.

Thanks Tara, Tuckoo will get there. I think the outside factors are a huge obstacle. Not my responsibility either so there isn't much I can do at the moment until I'm told either way what's going to happen. I'm going to try alumina now and see where I go from there. I will keep you posted on that and we can do a bit of brainstorming if you see anything else coming through. There has been improvements but there's still more going on round about it.

I will speak to you again soon,

Newark

September 7 2017
Hi Newark....just thinking about what you've said here....one thing that comes to me is that if you're interested in Alumina as respects dryness and issues with identity, you might be interested in the so-called Matridonal remedies of Melissa Assilem. Are you familiar? Her book is quite interesting (or you can become acquainted by googling) and for what it's worth, I just find a quality in the work.....like it's imbued with something loving....the remedies are 'of the mother' but I feel somehow like the writing itself has maternal energy....I'm sure that makes no sense but I can't think just now of a better way to put it (and myself mother-henning again)!
I've a few other thoughts for next time. Hoping you're feeling alright. Talk to you soon.
~Tara

September 19 2017
Hi Tara, I haven't heard of her or the remedies. I'll have a wee look although at this stage I think I need to try and keep things as simple as possible at the moment. Don't want to be experimenting or complicating things for myself at the moment. It's more the physicals I'm concerned about. Alumina was a stage I suspected I went through after my mum passed. The physicals as you know develop slowly and now having quite a lot going on with that at the moment. To manage it, I'm taking LM potency now. Can't say at this stage that's all that's going on (probably not at this stage) but anything better is a bonus. I hope you and Tuckoo are keeping well and I'll speak to you soon. Just about to check my other post :0)

Newark

September 27 2017
Hi Newark,
Sorry I haven't been here for a bit. How are you feeling? How is Nuala?
I'll look for your other thread later on, if you're keeping it up.
I've all sorts of things to report on Tuckoo but haven't gotten to it.
Our eldest pet (cat of over 19 years) is failing just now so things to do and to decide here....I'm continually in awe of how just a bit of homeopathy's influenced the quality of life.
Kind regards,
Tara

October 1 2017
Hi Tara, sorry to hear about your cat. I hope youíre all coping ok if things havenít worked out. Separation anxiety again with Nuala so hoping udaya can help me sort her out again. Never a dull day here either Very Happy sheís doing really well apart from this, no post op complications and appeared to be doing great, which she is on a physical level. Just need to try and work out whatís going on in that head of hers. If only they could tell us eh?

Iím doing a good bit better but Iíll have a wee look and see if youíve commented on my other one.

Newark

October 5 2017
Thanks for the kind thoughts Newark. Some interesting things have happened with this cat - I'm not even sure I should post about it! But I'll be back to you either way. I hope Nuala gets sorted - you're in my thoughts.
~Tara

October 6 2017
Glad to hear your cats still with you and all sounds very intriguing - if youíre not comfortable posting. Donít feel pressure to do it. Sheís done well with it before so she should settle back down once itís all figured out. Peaceful night after yesterday so still moving in the right direction!

Take care Tara and Iíll speak to you soon

October 6 2017
Thanks Newark - I knew you'd understand.
For now, suffice it to say that so-called miracles do occur.
Glad about Nuala - she'll be ok!
Btw...I did see your other posts but didn't want to make a further hash out of that thread(s) as well as this one. :0)
If I can be of any help to you, don't hesitate to ask.
Be well!
Tara

Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.