Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Lycopus Virginicus
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

For the kind attention of udaya - pyometra post surgery
Started by: Newark at June 11 2017

Replies: 52 & Views: 1583    Font    Page 1 of 3  Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next          Reply

For the kind attention of udaya - pyometra post surgery By: Newark

June 11 2017
Hi Udaya,

It's been a while since I spoke to you last. I hope you are well.

You have previously treated Nuala my dog and I'm hoping you can again?

She's 12.5 years, red cocker. Last weekend I had her at the vet for what was thought to be gastroenteritis. She was given anti sickness injection and a course of antibiotics. She picked up considerably within 24 hours and was almost her usual happy self by Thursday. On Friday there was what seemed to be straining for stool but she did pass some and I walked her across the road to the local park where I just let her wander around for a while. She collapsed, managed to get her up on her feet and took her straight to the vet. She was scanned and there was fluid to be found which was either from her intestine or womb. She was given an anti-inflammatory injection and an antibiotic injection (can't remember names) yesterday morning no improvement (temp was 104) and emergency surgery was done. The vet said they nearly lost her. They said her womb was full of green type puss and she had very early stages of peritonitis - small amount of fluid. I was told the womb was difficult to remove (she's had a full hysterectomy) she was out of surgery by midday (longer than expected) and was up and on her feet by 1.30pm yesterday afternoon. She's eating , drinking and happy in herself. The power of homeopathy! Ok, I woke this morning to find her struggling to get up. I managed to get her on her feet and I also tickled her paw pads from which she pulled away so there's feeling and non paralysis - her hind legs are very weak. I did call the vet and spoke to him this morning and he confirmed what I hoped - extensive, life saving surgery, pain, weakness. She's eating etc so things for now are as expected. I have just given her Arnica about 20 minutes ago and she literally just got up there and walked for a drink! I've managed that one! At the moment, I'm thinking bellis perennis and staphysagria for the wound but with this being so serious I'd be very grateful if you could advise and treat the recovery for her?

I collected her yesterday at 2.30 - she remained stable throughout the anaesthesia and was walking, albeit a bit wobbly and very happy to see me. Big shock for us both and a huge relief to have her through the initial stages. She is currently on metronadazole and synulox and loxicom for pain management.

Thanks Udaya and I look forward to hearing from you,

Best wishes

Newark

Re:For the kind attention of udaya - pyometra post surgery By: udaya kumar
--

June 12 2017
Newark,
At human age Naula is 87.....! The Gastroenteritis and consequent constipation are addressed by Bryonia...Bryonia incidenatally has pain in movement and therefore cannot get up...would work in the current situation....It also regulates fluid in the body......Use of it three doses for one day and repeat is adviced......

Total Hysteroctomy makes it difficult for homeo medicines to function within the womb.....To my mind there is a Scirrhus somewhere. Use of Scirrhinum 1M single dose followed by Aurum Muriaticum Natrosum 3X three times a day for one week would be beneficial......Merc Sol., Sepia, Chamomilla, Arsenic Album, Carbo Animalis are other indicated medicines.

The problem could be viewed in two ways. One is ascites and peritonitis where Scirrhus or other related malignancy.....The other one is Green Leucorrhia and catarrhal conditions of the woumb due to infection.....In all cases Apis Mellifica is required and should be used in 30C potency alongwith Cantharis30C.

Best wishes.

--

Re:For the kind attention of udaya - pyometra post surgery By: Newark

June 12 2017
Thanks Udaya for getting back to me so quickly. I know, she's great for her age and all going well will make a complete recovery - even through all this she's still wagging her tail!

Since Arnica yesterday, sleeping deeper and more relaxed. She's still sleeping this morning. She is still liking getting outside for some fresh air even just for the toilet, She's on her feet more. I noticed she lies for about half an hour (looking very relaxed and content) before she actually manages to get up. The back legs are still more affected. Last night I was finding once she's on her feet she's much more able and moved/turned a bit too quick which resulted in her ending up on her backside. She's happy for me to help her. She has some strength of will for sure

The concerns with the vet at the moment is post op infection and either a reoccurance of the peritonitis or any subsequent organ failure - no signs of anything at the moment and hoping it stays this way.

She is more howling than barking at the moment - when someone is passing to come to the door for example.

She's just woke up and she sat up straight away her happy wee self, rolled over to get her tummy tickled which is a first but back legs still weak.

You've mentioned lots of remedies for different reasons. Could you advice on how to proceed.

Best wishes

June 12 2017
I had her outside for a small 5 minute walk this morning. She had a small solid/soft but dark bowel movement and she enjoyed the fresh air. She's quite energetic on her feet considering what she's been through but definitely wanting to do more/ move quicker than she's able at the moment

Her symptomology is still new to me so I'll try and present as any symptoms for her as I see them.
Thanks Udaya,

Newark

--

June 12 2017
there is nothing new in symptomology as long as it is Pyometra... use one dose each of the following medicines in the order given

1. Pulsatilla 30C single dose
2. Sepia 30C single dose.
3. Pyrogenum 200C single dose.
4. Cantharis 30C single dose.
Six hour gap between Pyrogenum and cantharis
three hours between 30C medicine.

--

June 12 2017
Thanks Udaya,

I gave pulsatilla ( she's very characteristic of pulsatilla) and pyrogenum prior to going to the vet. It did pick her up a little but not enough to expel the pus as there was no change at the second scan. Also, forgot to mention when she went to the vet the week before when it was thought to be gastroenteritis. She apparently had no inflammation and her temperature was normal - it seemed very sudden for the extent. She was also still in season. Approaching the end of her second week.

When I say new, I mean in relation to how she's handling all of this. I have all those remedies here so I'll start tonight and report back

Re:For the kind attention of udayrry By: udaya kumar
--

June 13 2017
Pulsatilla is green, Sepia is yellowish green and green.....and other two medicines also promote green mucus or pus....but, there is no pus to expel as hysterectomy has been performed and their function now confine to stopping the formation of pus and stopping the infection....

--

June 13 2017
Thanks Udaya,

She's continued to improve. Her strength and energy is coming back. She's determined to get on the sofa since last night so I'll speak to the vet to see how much walking she's allowed.

She has an Elizabethan collar (lampshade) to wear. It was noted in the vets before I picked her up that she wasn't too happy with this. No aggression just a sad look that makes you feel very sorry for her. She hasn't shown any interest in her wound so I took it off her. It's back on so I can try and prevent her or at least catch her early before she does something she shouldn't yet.

I'll post after the remedies....

Thanks,

Newark

--

June 13 2017
wish her a speedy recovery and poorna aayu (full life length) i.e. 120 years.....

--

June 16 2017
Thanks for the kind well wishes Udaya. 120 + years would be lovely!! :0)

I waited until today to report back as Nuala had her check up. The vets really pleased with her progress. Tummy feels good and wound so far, is healing well. She still has one day left of what I think is Co-ammoxiclav (vet name different) the metronidazole is finished.

She was on a strict no exercise regime until today. She has energy in abundance which is great in one way but not so great for the healing process. I'm hoping she'll settle quickly now I can walk her as much as she is able/likes but anything more is restricted until week 3/4. I've had to build a barricade round the sofa as she's determined she's sleeping on that but not allowed yet. Overall, super excited about everything again! :0)

She had 2 massive bowel movements today, having not been allowed out (except to pee) she hadn't done the toilet until today. Solid, normal consistency and colour.

She has slept since coming back from the vet and rolling around - relaxed and happy.

The vet did say due to her energy levels she's a bit of a danger to herself so prescribed calmex - L-Theanine, L- Tryptophan, Piper methystian, and b-vitamins as I'm worried about leaving her by herself in case she gets up on furniture/bed etc which she'll definitely do. I caught her through the night last night aiming for the sofa again.

Overall, a very different picture from last week. All going well, there's still plenty of life in this old dog! The vet hasn't asked to see her back unless we run in to any problems. All good news today. If you could advise further it would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,

June 16 2017
Hadn't had a bowel movement since Monday (that should have said) I took her out to the car - about 4 min walk and her bowels moved then.

Thanks

--

June 17 2017
Give Bryonia 30C three times for one day and she would have no risks after that in moving around fast even if vet advice otherwise....! Bryonia will take care of the bowel peristalsis issue if any....

--

June 17 2017
Thanks Udaya, I have Bryonia here also. I'll give her that today and report back at the start of the week.

We did 15 mins on her first walk and she managed it no bother. I aimed for five minutes initially but she needed more. I have a much more settled dog today. Aiming for 2 walks today so I'll see how we get on.

Thanks again Udaya

--

June 18 2017
Very good. keep me posted. best wishes to Naula.

--

June 20 2017
Hi Udaya,

I hope you're well! I haven't used any of the calmer's from the vet. She still has loads of energy, up to 35 mins walk and sleeps afterwards. With her bowel movements, they were a bit orange on Sunday. I read this could be a side effect of the antibiotics (bile/liver) there was no other signs to cause immediate alarm and I'm pleased to say, everything is normal again. Wound still healing well also.

I have a day out planned at the weekend, vet said she should be ok for that so I took her to a home boarder to introduce her and his dog, plus a couple on day care and she did great! The guys more than happy to have her. Last time I kenneled her was 5 years ago and she's never got fully over that - still refuses to sleep on a dog bed. She was definitely happy today so the home environment definitely suits her. I will keep you posted on how she goes. If you want to advise further at this stage, please do as she's healing very well.

Thanks Udaya,

--

June 20 2017
very good....you can continue use of Bryonia and Pulsatilla..... Bryonia will fortify the liver.....and ease out all movements.....lubricate the joints and make movements easier......best wishes.

--

June 24 2017
Thanks Udaya,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, my phone/network was playing up.

Nuala is doing great and no problem with her wound. That's her half way through the recovery today. Providing nothing happens to open her wounds, the next few weeks should be less of a worry. Thanks very much for your help so far.

How often would you want me to repeat?

Best wishes

--

June 24 2017
every third day one doses each.

--

June 25 2017
Thanks Udaya,

Nuala did great at the home boarders. He took exceptional care of her! Did say she was a bit unsettled yesterday but by the time I picked her up this morning she had well settled in and no trauma at all! :0) she's doing amazing! Thanks again for your help.

Best wishes

--

June 26 2017
good....

--

Re:For the kind attention of udaya - pyometra post surgery By: TaraJoy

June 26 2017
Hi Newark....much love to you and Nuala. You're both amazing.
~Tara

June 27 2017
Hi Tarajoy, it's lovely to hear from you! :0) Nuala is doing me very proud. Hard to believe such an old dog in years can have such a strong, youthful spirit. She's doing great! More than half way there now and she's desperate for a good run!

Still mothering Maisie (whose over a year old now) more play and discipline now Maisie's older. They're still the best of friends :0)

Hope you and Tuckoo are well?

Best wishes

Re:For the kind attention of udaya - pyometra post surgery By: TaraJoy

June 27 2017
That's so wonderful to hear! We continue to make progress here, thanks for asking.
Take care of yourself. Believe me, I know how hard it all is. I wish the best for you all. ~Tara

June 27 2017
I'm glad things are going well! I will hopefully catch up with you a bit more as time goes on. Same to you and Tuckoo :0)

Newark

July 1 2017
Morning Udaya,

I have some great news this morning. Nuala is officially all better! I will be taking it a bit easy with her (as much as she allows) but no restrictions and back to normality. Thanks so much for all your help. Any problems with her, I'll post and seek further help. She's up lying on the couch as I type :0)

Best wishes

Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.