Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Lapis Albus
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Attn: Mr. Udaya Kumar 14 yo teenager needs help
Started by: Shanti at November 2 2015

Replies: 107 & Views: 10842    Font    Page 3 of 5  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next          Reply

Re:Attn: Mr. Udaya Kumar 14 yo teenager needs help By: udaya kumar
--

January 20 2016
use Nux at 30C.....Natrum Mur and Arnica have to be used as the adrenals functioning is not efficient....it is a waiting period and give no further medicines except nux or arnica which will not give any aggravations.Chamomilla 1M can be given single dose for the bullying background and to generally calm him down..... Staphysagria 1M single dose is also beneficial for such backgrounds where suffering of humiliation is cause to continuous stress which adrinal can no more take..... best wishes.

--

Re:Attn: Mr. Udaya Kumar 14 yo teenager needs help By: Shanti

January 21 2016
Thank you very much Udaya.
You were so right about the adrenal and pituitary glands.. I can see now it's the emotional trauma more than anything else that he is trying to process... It was the stress that brought all the underlying conditions -- genetic, immune, etc. -- to the surface and at the same time those conditions served as predisposition to low stress tolerance... No wonder for years I felt we were trapped inside the vicious circle...
I had another confirmation from J's tutor -- J had received "0" on the chemistry test, but when his tutor went over the test with him today she said he knows at least 90% of the material. So he manages to acquire knowledge in the classroom without ever opening the book or taking notes, and then he doesn't care to show any of it...

For now, I have all the remedies you mentioned except Chamomilla. When J was a toddler and my knowledge of homeopathy was limited to Chamomilla only (it recently expanded to include Belladonna! Smile)) every time I used it (30C) to calm him down it had the opposite effect and made him nervous and hyper. Do you think it's still worth trying it in high potency?

I've been thinking about Nat. Mur often (thank you for indulging me!), perhaps because I personally experienced it's amazingly profound effect... It did make me speak and be heard in a hostile environment where I normally would have lost not only my voice, but also any trace of coherent thought, and that newly acquired ability resolved the situation in the most positive way...

I wanted to clarify that you meant "no remedies except NUX and Arnica" and not "NATRUM and Arnica" as you first mentioned Natrum in the context with Arnica. Could you please confirm this for me? I think Arnica can help here also with hand spitting that J engaged in tonight. His throat clearing is almost gone today and replaced with frequent burping -- a very old symptom which came back a couple of times after we started the course with you.

And... "No remedies" means putting everything off, including Staphysagria (oh, so tempting!), right?

Thank you so much for your insight!
With warmest regards... always
~shanti

January 23 2016
Udaya,

In your last post you said "no remedies" for the time being, and the Opium arrived today. I had some time to dwell upon what you said on Tara's thread which is very profound and so I am sure is the action of the remedy. Shock, fright, trauma -- all leading to numbing the pain. Somebody said "the non-suffering part of the suffering whole". I think the other side -- hypersensitivity to pain -- can be explained as "the suffering part of the non-suffering whole", the "non-suffering" being the lack emotions in the body that is uninhabited and therefore trying to compensate for this emotional void by overreacting to physical pain... And then as the child becomes aware of the emotional void within, that awareness in itself becomes the emotional suffering so great it annuls the physical pain...

"Indifference to pleasure and suffering", "indifferent to immediate surroundings", "non-demanding", no sense of responsibility as his normal faculties of mind are not developed. Confusion of mind. If asked to perform two tasks, he creates confusion.", "lack of maturity results in impulsive, audacious behaviour; boldness or recklessness. Dreamy. Doesn't understand the ground reality." The child is absent minded with abstraction of mind. He appears cheerful and innocent, hence pampered. No responsibilities to be shouldered hence his capacities have not developed"

J has gone through all the above states. There was a time when his hearing was so acute he could really hear "a fly on the wall". I wish I could add a bonus, but as far as I remember, J never suffered from constipation, and just now would be impossible to find out...

Should I proceed with 200C as planned, or wait a little longer? He is more or less "stable" now, mostly because he never comes out of his room and doesn't get a chance to get interrupted. Throat clearing has almost gone in the past three days and is now replaced with constant burping and snorting. Spits on hands. Hates me to the moon.

Thank you!!

With warmest regards,
~shanti

--

January 23 2016
Dear Shanti,
Natrum and Arnica were mentioned in the context of Adrenals and Pituitary/pineal glands. Nux vomica was mentioned in the context of Stress and any ill effects of any medicine popping up......Natrum has to be given but not now.....it is basic and foundational in all children with challenges. As of present it is confirmed that I said Nux and Natrum Mur to be used.....

Since the Opium has arrived and you have mentioned that he is stable, Opium can be used.....Stopped medicine does not mean that the medicine used is not working within...Each medicine works for longer periods or the body activated by such medicine works for longer periods until it is either antidoted, or overcome by adversities, or stopped working due to the reason that the cause has not been removed etc.etc. In such cases repeition of the medicine or higher potencies of the medicines or use of complementary medicines etc. reactivate the life force....So when we stop the medicine, stop the food, stop the nutrition etc. then we are actually allowing the body to work without stress and without outside interference which is more relaxing than stuffing food and medicines. The reason why ancients preferred to fast when there is fever or other symptoms of sickness.

As far as Pain and Emotions are concerned, my stand is very simple. The Source of Emotions are Subtle water and Source of Pain is Subtle Air....When Subtle Airs are blocked in any part of the body, the subtle Air within the head which is cause to material thoughts synthesises with the Ethereal Media (Ethereal media is cause to and in itself is Spiritual thoughts or spirit itself.) to give rise to the sensation of Pain. The sensation of pain itself is a processed thought fragment. Therefore the thoughts as a combination of Ether and subtle air cn give rise to those mental activities which may reflect a sensation as excruciating pain and immediately thereafter as numbness.....because its subtlety render it as an entity beyond definitions. subject to showing different hues of the same sensation in relation to the denominators like place of incidence in the body, the cause, the source, the time, the weather, the thermo-status etc.etc. So when we are talking about mind, all our inferences are approximations and never finite...just as when we say this is happening because of that, the very next moment we would realise this is not happening because of that but it is happening because of other than that....except the finite fact that this is happening because of THAT (THAT WHICH WE CALL GOD.) And when Opium is used even this inference
goes wrong because Opium is Negative God or may be you can call that AntiGod which tend to corrupt the sane-fulness.

In the case 90% the issue is not awareness the issue is lack of awareness of the awareness.....In the other words, the faculty within the brain which has to tell him that he knows this and is supposed to be written in the particular place during an exam is not functioning, or mal functioning or is not developed or is not available etc. causing a situation as in the case in point where the child turn in paper without writing anything ....and usually such actions are not seen by the peer as a development challange the child is facing within, but as few words of descriptions like audacity, arrogance, careless, stupidity etc.etc. And when that is expressed and heard......and Mind it hearing is an ethereal media catering the Ether or Spiritual sanctity within and any wrong usage of words, abuses, curses, etc heard corrupts that media further making it more inefficient and useless. When that Motherboard is corrupt the computations would naturally go wrong.

--

January 24 2016
Udaya, I don't think there is a book in homeopathy that would measure to your angle and perspective -- the elements of God in the remedies effecting the same elements of God in the body... Thank you so much for sharing your deep insight.

I am still wondering whether it is possible to have awareness of the lack of awareness... I feel this is what's happening with J and causing the suffering... that he is actually, at some deep level, is aware of not being aware... If that is at all possible... I'll dwell on it more to get more clear, it's just an intuitive thought for now.

In the meantime, please get ready to hear our latest... I gave J Nux Vom 30C tonight and after half an hour became witness of such a reaction where Belladonna pales in comparison... Not only did he get hysterical, but he also "acquired" all the properties of the remedy: "fault finding" -- blaming us and the whole world for ruining his life, "uncontrollable state of irritability" -- cursing, swearing, insulting us (even his dad, which very rarely happens) fiercely, crying that "his blood was boiling" (never heard that from him before), "impulse is intermingled with violent temper", jumping up and down in his bed as if in convulsions or trying to get out of his skin. All with such anger and fierceness that I had never seen in him before. The rage was intermittent with short periods of quietness and then would come full force again. Tomorrow is Sunday and no school, so I am letting it take its course. I wanted to share the experience with you because it was something very different from J's usual meltdowns -- even during the worst of his tantrums there was no rage, and whatever anger there was it was either confined or turned inwards, while tonight J was absolutely enraged and all that rage was so explicitly gushing out of him...
I'll see how it goes tomorrow. Something tells me that it will be short-lived (keeping fingers crossed)
With warm regards,
~shanti

Adding for the record; the day following Nux Vom throat clearing which had not been present in the few previous days returned. J is not hysterical, but asking us in a calm and reasonable manner to take him to the hospital which will provide a cure... then getting hysterical and crying non-stop that he is gonna fail everything, die, can't live with suffering and so on.......

January 25 2016
Dear Udaya, this is just for the record and for future reference. J's new tutor who uses ethical relativism methods in teaching also observed that J knows most of the material. When I told him that J gets "0s" on the tests, he said he had met students like him -- who felt that nobody understands their "uniqueness" and "genius" that they didn't care to prove or show it to the world. And he used the word "vanity"... the exact same word that made me dismiss Platinum earlier... now acquired an entirely different dimension. So I looked it up again, now comparing stages of the child's development against miasmatic progression and regression, and am surprised how I could have missed these earlier --

Mind - delusions - great person, not appreciated
Mind - ailments from - disappointment, wounded honor, losing position
Mind - sadness - anxious, loathing of food with
Mind - egotism, casting off people against her will
Mind - aversion - family; to members of
Mind - abusive - children/parents; children insulting
Mind - selfishness, ungrateful
Mind - art - inability for

"separated from family", "They start bullying parents till they get what they want.", "starts in one who imagines some greatness inherent in him that he somehow failed to bring it to the recognition of others", "which in turn impels him to make aggressive efforts to make his presence felt and acknowledged by those around him",
"an unfeeling, ungrateful, hardhearted and mean-minded fellow who makes a show of authority without taking responsibility for his actions"
"feeling low of oneself is at the core..."
"when someone around him refuses to accommodate this behavior... his only solution (reaction to his perceived situation) is to adopt the syphilitic mode of defense, i.e to cut off all relationships with those persons who he feels have not given the respect due to him, be it his own parents or children."
"The psoric need of a Platinum constitution is respect from others. He needs to be the centre of authority and others around him must obey his wishes."
Will - strong - left brain dominant, pompous, important
"Constant comparison of self with others". "The reaction in Syco-syphylitic and Syphilitic phases is to cut off relationship with whoever does not accept his authority." "Cases of Obsessive Compulsive Disorders (OCD) bearing this theme of comparison may find their GCS in Platinum."
Anxiety - ailments from
Erotic scene predominates.

These are just a few notes that agree perfectly. In fact, I would consider Platinum over Opium, especially since many of these features are presented in the context of psychiatric disorders like OCD which is the "syphilitic mode of defense", but I have to be careful as my judgement is often clouded by the latest progression stage...
I would be so very grateful for your insight.
~shanti

Re: Attn: Mr. Udaya Kumar 14 yo teenager needs help By: udaya kumar
--

January 25 2016
Dear Shanti,
You looked for gems on the surface of the Ocean....! You have to dive deeper to get precious know-ledge.....The Vanity of the deeper ocean has entirely opposite connotation to the vanity of the surface....!
Apart from Platinum, Sulphur also have the ragged philosopher not being recognized subconscious mind set....! Which would interalia mean a lack of metabolism and vital heat in the body apart from the left brain which is full of emotions, imaginations,day dreaming, amateur talents and the like.......the Mathematical, the Scientific, the Rationalist, the Give and Take, the Material, the institutional, the Academic brain is the right brain......an equal participation of both these contribute to a wholesome SOCIAL Mind........!

I think, as already suggested Platinum is appropriate should be used whenever it is actually called for......Opium certainly is above Platinum as it is a psychotropic derivative meaning a direct derivative of Ether or God...here let me clarify to you....Ether is Chemical terminology, God is Spiritual terminology, Aakaash or Sky or Space or Nothingness is the visible but invisible physical terminology.......Visible because of the visible world and invisible is because of the nothingness invisible.......Ether is considered also as chemical because it is less denser than air and stays above the sphere of Air due to its less density in the order the densest is Earth above which is less denser water above which is less denser fire, above which is less denser Air, above which is less denser Ether ......Ether when polluted with other four elements and in particular the Earth element, then it descends to the earth and takes form as all Forms.....including human beings and in its role as omnipresence.......

Thoughts of Killing all adversaries which the individual is not capable of ...and is aware of this weakness.....and at the same time the individual is highly sensitive and emotional particularly due to the left brain work, and anger and tantrums in a moment replaced by remorsefulness in the next moment are particular to Platinum and ofcourse works in the larger canvas of Natrum Mur which suppresses such emotions of Anger, fear and Sorrow and succumbs to ailments arising out of such suppressions of emotions.......Such individuals will day dream all methods how to kill and make a full fiction out of it and then abandon the whole thing as the anger, fear and sorrow finds its lower ebb....sometimes depressing and thereby creating an Aurum Met single dose patient at 1M potency.....

What I write is right from my own upper column and will not find any place in any homeopathic books or thoughts ......It will have unique angle and perspective as you have rightly pointed out.... Best Wishes.....

--

January 28 2016
I wish I were equipped with your diving gear, Udaya!!!

Thanks a million -- no -- a billion for the post!... to separate the ether within from all the impurities... that's all it takes... almost like an alchemy... but you made it sound so easy )))... and possible... and necessary...!

I really need your advice on the divine, ether substance... J had a very serious episode the other day, which I will describe later because it gave me some food for thought which I haven't had time to process. So I decided to hold off on Opium for fear of adding to the already enormous disturbance. The storm eventually subsided, but J started spitting on hands and has been doing it non-stop for the past two days. Arnica 200C came to the rescue (for this and that) last night, but it's almost the same today. No throat clearing AT ALL these days, but he now cups his ears every 10 seconds... I don't know yet if it's the return of the old symptoms/tics or just a "natural" flow when one symptom is always replaced by another. Do you think we can move ahead with Opium? Also, I don't believe I asked you if 200C is to be given every day one dose a day? Thank you
Always with gratitude..
~shanti

January 28 2016
Udaya, not to put it in the back drawer... I'll elaborate now..
I think I told you that since he was a toddler, J was very manipulative and always wanted to control us, his parents, and he always succeeded. He was aware of it and we were aware of it. No matter what we did, he was prepared to sacrifice everything and face any consequences in order to have the last word with us and/or get what he wanted.
And recently, by watching his manipulations with his dad (take a step to the left, two steps to the right, speak with certain intervals, etc.), it occurred to me that this OCD may be just an extension of his desire to control taken to the extreme?.. Very similar to what you said earlier about the desire to kill.. but not being capable of.... Maybe here the desire to control the world and not being able to and thus trying to exercise control over us? Is there a rubric for this?
I also noticed that J often (not always, of course) throws tantrums and claims he is "mental" when it's "convenient" for him -- when asked to do his HW, doesn't want to go to school, deprived of his computer, etc. As a way of making us do what he wants... In other words, his "mental" condition is consistent with (or appears to be a continuation of) his personality traits. Is it how a mental disturbance always manifests or there is an element of "will" in it? I would so much appreciate your sharing your thoughts on this and if this presents a peculiar homeopathic profile. Thank you so!
~shanti

February 2 2016
Hello Udaya!
I hope you are doing very well. I don't know if this is IT, but I think I can safely say that we are beginning to fulfill your expectations about reporting something different )))!!! After your last post I was hesitant to move ahead with Opium, partially because J was not exactly stable, and also because I felt something was amiss... So I re-read my thread and found a couple of gems that you had recommended earlier, and that for some reason had never been given a chance.. I had just given J Arnica 200C (he was hand spitting non-stop) and now I saw Nat. Sulph. 1M in your recommendations to follow Arnica... which seemed like a perfect timing. And right after taking Nat. Sulph. many of J's symptoms disappeared, including his OCD (!!!) (Although I must add that my husband's decision to just stop following J's orders was no less homeopathic, albeit it resulted in J calling 911 :0!!! So I think I was right about the cause of his OCD -- his desire to control). After a couple of days something prompted me to give J Medorrhinum 1M (also one of your earlier suggestions). And then there was something very different from all the previous improvements or shifts with other remedies. As if something happened on a much deeper level... Not only almost none of the symptoms were present at all, but it was as if some power that had total control over him got turned off -- he was/is talkative, doesn't hate or insult anyone, is curious about many things, even his sense of humor is back!! In short, in the past two days he has been more normal than I had seen him in a year! And I have a feeling that this time it is going to last... So for now I want to wait and allow his body and mind to process this new information. And since the change is so dramatic I am not sure what to do next --whether to go ahead with Opium or wait and repeat Medorrhinum or if there is something else that would be complementary. Could you please guide us in the right direction from here. Thank you to infinity and beyond!!!... And even that is not enough to express how grateful I am for all the support and wisdom you have shared with us...
~shanti

February 7 2016
Dear Udaya, we've been missing you! I hope you have seen my previous post to share the joy! This whole week was GRAND! Even more improvements as it progressed which were reflected in two essays that J wrote for his literature class -- very profound, concise, and analytical... No tics, OCD, or other symptoms for the whole week! He seemed to want to communicate every day and was almost his usual old self. He even stopped wearing a hat and walking around wrapped in a blanket, although he would still pull down the sleeves to cover his hands.
Yesterday I noticed some of the symptoms creeping back -- a little throat clearing, a little hand spitting, a little OCD... This morning I wanted to give J Opium, but he refused and began to complain again that his hand was hurting... Towards the evening his throat clearing became more intense and frequent, with some burping, and he seems irritable and agitated. I wonder if it's ok to give him Opium 200C tomorrow, even if his symptoms worsen and he is less "stable". Could you please advise. He also had diarrhea for a couple of days following Medorrhinum 1M.
Thank you so much!
With warm regards,
~shanti

Re: Attn: Mr. Udaya Kumar 14 yo teenager needs help By: udaya kumar
--

February 7 2016
Shanti,
It seems that he had an head injury in the childhood somewhere as Arnica 200 specifically and Natrum Sulph have given desired results........Medorrhinum is for the susceptibilites or predispositions he has and has done well, it can be repeated in its next higher potency....single dose......use OPIUM 200C and I think that should give all desired improvements.........you can use Belladonna if possible later for hurting hands and a sequel to Arnica......if not let us be content with the results of Opium which must be positive and enduring......Return of the ailments partially indicates the repetition of the nosode and here Medorrhinum.....Any discharges including diarrhea are welcome signs..... Please report after Opium......Best wishes.

--

February 7 2016
Thank you Udaya!!! In the few minutes between my last post and your reply all the symptoms got back in full swing! :0
I'll report after Opium 200C (hopefully, tomorrow) and I've ordered Medorrh. 10M and 50M.

J did have a fall on his head from high chair when he was about 1 year old... The power of the remedy to affect the causes so remote is truly unbelievable... As is your ability to choose the right remedy without even seeing or hearing the patient... Way back you also mentioned Thiosiaminum 3X as having the ability to take care of old scar tissues (a possible cause for Tourrette's?). I couldn't find 3X anywhere then, 6C is the lowest available. Do you think it would be worthwhile to try in 6C? What is an appropriate protocol (how often?) for lower potencies? Thank you so very much!
~shanti

--

February 7 2016
the usual prescription of thiosiamus is 3X....you are welcome to try higher potencies and rescord the results here....lower potencies are always used three times a day for minimum period of time as per requirement.......the symptoms have to be observed keenly and medication discontinued at the earliest sign of recovery....repetitions can be made always ....continuous medication is not necessary...therefore I usually suggest continuous medication only for three days and a maximum of one week......

--

--

February 7 2016
the usual prescription of thiosiamus is 3X....you are welcome to try higher potencies and rescord the results here....lower potencies are always used three times a day for minimum period of time as per requirement.......the symptoms have to be observed keenly and medication discontinued at the earliest sign of recovery....repetitions can be made always ....continuous medication is not necessary...therefore I usually suggest continuous medication only for three days and a maximum of one week......

--

February 8 2016
Dear Udaya,

Thank you so much for the clarification. I found the lowest which is 6X. I'll order and then ask your advice as to when is the best time to administer it (before/after which remedy).

Now about Opium... I gave J a dose of 200C this morning. After that, he was out playing all day and when he got home late afternoon his throat clearing was (still is) almost as bad as 3 months ago -- that horrifying wall shaking roaring... With all the accompanying bouquet -- stomping his feet, not wanting to be interrupted, cursing, etc. As this hadn't happened in such a long time, I had sort of put my shields down, and now I am puzzled and scared (unless after the miraculous last week those can be classified and embraced as "old" symptoms!). Am I correct that 200C should be repeated every day for three days? I also have 1M just in case. He has diarrhea today, but I am not sure whether it's Opium or the lasting effect of Medorrhinum. I hope I'll be able to tell you more tomorrow, although I will only see him later at night. Please keep us in your prayers!!!
~shanti

--

February 8 2016
that will subside....repeat it only once in a week.....not every day.......just keep fingers crossed....he would come out fine.....

--

February 13 2016
Dear Udaya,

A quick update in search of your advice --

J has been getting worse since my last post and after the first dose of Opium 200C. Throat clearing subsided a little, but now it's back full force again, accompanied by the "older" tilting/jerking his head to the right every time he clears his throat (something he used to do three months ago). The rest is the same -- hands "hurting", OCD, constantly cursing and using abusive words, no personal hygiene at all, and an element of aggression was added -- he probably had some violent thoughts (expressed in words). I don't know what to do at this point. If I risk Belladonna, which potency do you think would suit better? If you remember, all potencies of the remedy caused aggravation. 1M helped with throat clearing for one day and then it started again. Medorrhinum in higher potency hasn't arrived yet and I am looking at Platinum and Sulphur (after those fleeting violent thoughts). I also wanted to ask you about Natrum Mur. -- you said it would be needed at some point. J had Thuja some time ago which was not followed by Nat.Mur. I would be grateful for your insight on how J's case is different from children on the spectrum (aren't we all on the spectrum at some point?).
I guess, As you probably see, I am frantically trying to find something that would help to handle this current situation without too much aggravation.
Thank you very much for your help!
With kind regards,
~shanti

--

February 13 2016
Natrum Mur and Platinum will not give any aggravation.....sulphur may or may not.......Anacardium is yet another medicine fitting into his present condition but Anacardium again comes under the possible aggravation bracket....repetition of the same medicine need not show the same aggravation as in the first instance of its administration......Usually I do not believe in
any sort of aggravation, but, as you report, I see case or relapse and aggravation in the case of J which is not usual andi that is what makes J different from others in the first place and the violent or violence as reported is what places him above autistic spectrum.....You are right when you say we all are on the spectrum at some point......We may be showing tantrums on one day and may be depressed or grieved on another day....but when they simultaneously or at close heels appear in a person it assumes the shape of a disorder and gets christined as Bipolar.....Use of Natrum Mur 30C three times a day is curative to the disorder as a foundational or fundamental course to release the suppressed anger, freight, and sorrow and also for maintaining the balance between salt and water and also for corrections in adrenal functions These release of suppressed emotions do not normally aggravate anything and therefore Natrum Mur is safe to use and effective........Belladonna at 30C is ideal as being a short acting remedy, the aggravations if at all will be shortlived.....as per books and classical prescriptions it should be used at 1M and above if mind is involved........
with kind regards,
udaya

--

February 14 2016
Dear Udaya,
Thank you very much for your reassurance! And for the emergency response!!! I didn't expect to receive your reply so fast (now I know that you never sleep!) so I went ahead with Bell 1M before I saw your latest post. I think I mentioned earlier that we had gone through quite a few remedies with J's homeopath -- all in 30th potency -- and never had any luck with it.. Apparently, it's all about the mind...
You are so right -- and thank you for pointing that out -- there was no aggravation this time and just like the first time, all the throat clearing stopped. The rest is pretty much the same -- acts foolish, insults me all the time and seems to enjoy it immensely.

I don't want you to think I am a freak when it comes to aggravation. Theoretically, I understand that a chronic disease cannot be treated until it surfaces in some acute form; however, dealing with the mental plane is different -- when you dance along the fine line between sanity and delusion, the slightest move in the wrong direction and off the cliff you go! I know that you understand...

Having tried many remedies myself (mostly, out of curiosity), I know how deep the action of some can be, giving all sorts of emotional and mental experiences. When J had a violent reaction to Nux Vomica (something I absolutely didn't expect, therefore couldn't have possibly projected my fear to affect the result ))) I took the remedy myself to see what it was all about. At first, I didn't feel anything, but when I woke up the following morning, I was not feeling well overall at all -- nothing in particular, just an uneasy feeling. I was searching for a word to describe the sensation and the first thing that came to mind was "as if my blood is poisoned". Then I recalled that the night before, J had said several times that his "blood was boiling" (prior to Nux Vom. I had never heard that from him). Then, of course, I checked the MM and saw the word "poison" next to it...

I was reading about Sulphur today and its relation to "suppression" and the question popped up again that I had often meant to ask you and always forgot: Anywhere in the books they talk about suppression of skin eruptions -- of any kind of condition that manifests on the skin and is therefore visible. J's skin has always been dry and itchy, but he never had any kind of eruptions or any imperfections on the skin that would be visible. Naturally, I used tons of creams on him -- wound care, itch care, scratch care and all other sorts, some natural some not. Do you think that this condition (when there is nothing on the skin and yet something makes it itchy) is more of a neurological nature? And if so, is putting creams on the skin still considered "suppression"?

Since Belladonna is followed well by Nat. Mur I'll follow your course tomorrow and will report later. As far as Opium is concerned, I don't see anything so far that could be attributed to the remedy action. I said earlier that J had been worse after Opium, but I need to correct myself -- his symptoms (throat clearing, etc.) had begun to return two days before he had a dose of Opium and may have developed without the assistance of the remedy...
Do we still go ahead with the second dose next week?

Apologies for bombarding you with so much at once. Only when you have a chance...

As I'm sure you know by now, I always tend to get lost in details, and I want to say that overall there has been a huge improvement since you stepped in... and I am infinitely grateful...
With best wishes... always...
~shanti

--

February 14 2016
I can fully relate to you on what you said about aggravation as tens of thousands of medicines at different potencies have made the homeopath in me and each experiences of each medicines is a first hand experience for me.......the aggravation were not there within me as a matter of experience because there were nothing chronic in me , nothing suppressed in me to aggravate......therefore the inference that the first dose is all that matters iusually and the further doses do not aggravate is one premise that has to be kept in mind and the other is in a chronic ailment there is always that falling back to status quo ante chancing each administration of medicine producing an aggravation....and the dancing on the circumference overlooking the cliff as you explained are all possibilities unique as well as common to individuals.....\

The nux being the best medicine we have for acidosis and acidity as such is poisoned state of blood could well be instrumental in surfacing and showing you that acidic state of disorder within when nux is administered..... the itching is a remarkable symptom showing such state of toxicity within......any number of external applications do not give respite in such cases until the toxins are expelled.... by detox....enema is a good solution......

As far as sulphur is concerned, I had written enough on this medicine and its centrifugal function.....dirty skin is psora and psoric therefore psorinum follows sulphur there......when psorinum is indicated it should be understood there are assimilation problems including gluten and lactose pulsatilla follows psorinum when here.......this is a fall out of the spectrum where infestation from microorganism is yet another denominator////natural dividents received are gut ailments like ulcerative colitis, krohns and the like......sulphur do help in many ways in removing the psora in combination with calcarea carb and lycopodium in that order....when lyco is mentioned it automatically is known that the apana vaayu, the large intestine is impaired alongwith liver......and therefore the maladies usually are right sided ......Opium whether the symptoms are there or not would be required at some stage or other to restore the normalcy.....in higher potencies of 200C or above......

--

Aggravation By: Shanti

February 14 2016
Thank you! I totally agree with you. I think the word "experience" instead of "aggravation" would be more fitting... I have very little knowledge to understand what organic changes homeopathy may stir in the body, but I do notice that some remedies act as emotional "edema" -- cleansing the emotional plane by releasing the emotions stored at the cellular level... That being said, can insensitivity to physical pain in Opium be of the same origin as emotional insensitivity? -- To other people's pain, feelings, and emotions, i.e. complete lack of compassion that J is exhibiting right now? He never was "warm and fuzzy", but the lack of any emotional attachment to anything/anyone and any compassion now is quite prominent....
Thank you for referring me to your articles about Sulphur, I will certainly look for them. I believe he took sulphur in 30C once and it did aggravate, but now that he hasn't taken a shower for almost a month :0 only the highest potency can save us! )))
With warm regards,
~shanti

Gelsemium or Agaricus By: Shanti

February 21 2016
Dear Udaya,

I hope this post finds you well.

Things are going alright on our "front" (as I am sure you know from the reduced frequency and intensity of my SOS cries!)))

As always, there are more questions arising and I know that your insight will help find the answers...

There haven't been any major ups or downs since my last post a week ago. There was a hint of sliding down that made me repeat Medorrh 1M (same potency as I didn't have higher ones at the time) and that didn't bring any notable changes. A day after MEDORRH 1M I "experimented" with PLATINUM 1M with the same result -- no changes could be observed. Since J was more or less stable I didn't give him anything else for a few days. In the meantime, I wanted to get a better picture of what could be the best matching remedy at this time and went through all the rubrics from Boericke, taking down all the symptoms that I was certain or nearly certain about, with all the matching remedies. On the final count, GELSEMIUM and AGARICUS came first, matching most of the symptoms. Actually, they rated equal. You had recommended Gelsemium for torticollis some time ago and I never got to it so I went ahead with 30C (the only potency I had) one dose yesterday and one today. I have read that it's a short acting remedy, but since it matches so many of J's symptoms, do you think it should be repeated in higher potencies? I feel it's having some action -- some old tics returned, he is more hyper, more talkative, more mischievous, etc. Acts like he is very busy with something. Definitely, a lot more agitated and irritated after Gels, but in a different way -- more like a "normal" person, rather than a "possessed" one (which was the case with Belladonna and other). Agaricus (which I don't have yet) is even more tempting because even the direction of the sensations matches and some peculiars as well -- "vivid memory or past events and poor short-term memory" and many more. If you would like it, I could elaborate. The only minus is "chilly" (as opposed to Gels), and I am not sure how important it is. J always used to be chilly until this past year when he lost all his sensitivity, including that to cold. This winter he goes outside almost every day wearing no jacket and no socks in the freezing weather and he never even sneezed... And if Agaricus, in which potencies do you think it should be administered and how often? -- I have a strange feeling in my stomach that Agaricus may cause more havoc than anything I've ever seen, but based on my findings I'd be prepared to face the challenge :0. Also, it certainly shares some qualities with Opium... Can it be given along with Opium, not meaning on the same day or week, but since the dose of Opium 200C was already given?

Overall, he is much better in every respect. Notably less depressed (if his previous state was depression) -- spends a lot less time in his room alone -- and less in his own world.

What remains is a little throat clearing (occasionally), a little hand spitting, hiding his hands (claims they hurt when someone (usually me) talks to him), insulting me all the time (just for fun, no anger, or anything involved, not even sure if it's intended to cause a reaction in me), insomnia, sleeps with lights on, lack of ANY personal hygiene, doesn't even wash his hands when he comes from the outside.

There is one other thing: a couple of weeks ago I noticed the nail of the big toe on his right foot was black at the bed (almost one forth of the nail), it looked like a bruise, as if he had kicked something hard (and this is what he said, I believe). Today (two weeks later) I saw it again and it's still there, same as before -- same size and black color. I couldn't take a proper look, but believe his toe is swollen. I am concerned now because it looks like the hematoma is not healing at all, but developing... I noticed this tendency in the past year that his bruises linger for a long time w/o healing...

This made me recall one more thing that I wanted to mention: ever since J was very young we used to spend a lot of time on the beach and it always surprised me that J never got a sunburn. Not even when he didn't have any SPF or oils on his skin. He was slow in developing a tan, but this insensitivity to the sun of his otherwise extremely sensitive skin always amazed me. I don't know if it means anything...

To summarize my questions about the remedies--

1. Should I continue with Gels. and if so, should I go higher and for how long?
2. Should I start with Agaricus and if so, in which potencies?
3. Should I continue with Opium 200C or higher?
4. Should I continue with Medorrh 10M and higher?

If you feel that all of these remedies might be beneficial at this point, is there any particular order they should be given in order not to create a disorder (antidote each other, etc.)?

As always, I am very grateful to you for your answers and guidance and keeping the lamp in my head turned on..

Thank you and kind regards
~shanti

--

February 22 2016
Gelsemium in 30C is always a soothing medicine and can be repeated any number of times....if there is any so called aggravation use 200C potency one dose in 6 hours or one dose a day...I have received good results in many similar cases with Agaricus and can be used in 30C to start with three doses for one day, observe, and repeat.......Since Mind symptoms are prominent you have to use 200C potency and 1M potency and further higher potencies if need be.......other medicines for chilly patients are silicea, calcarea carb and antim crudem.......many symptoms you have narrated particularly the insulting attitude, moving out in the chilliest weather without a sneeze are antim crudem....which may lead one to presume that the mind symptoms arises from suppressed eruptions.......As far as your questions are concerned, Gelsemium can be continued in 30C potency as long as you desire withe beneficial effects....It improves the memory, it balances the senses, improves the ability to chose between right and wrong, improves eye sight, improves upon phoebias if any....and generally works well in the cerebellum, coordinates the person between mind and body.......2. You can start with single dose of Agaricus 30C then single dose of 200C and then single dose of 1M Stop observe and continue after each medicine, meaning if 30C is giving you benefits repeat 30C only and do not resort to higher potencies.....
3. Opium has to be given in higher potencies but not together with the other medicines. Medorrhinum can be repeated in 10M or above after one month....if necessary......Sulphur is for bathing.......use in 30C potency .....

Antidotes to agaricus
Calcarea Carb
Pulsatilla
Rhus Tox and Wine.

Antidotes to Antim Crudem
Calcarea Carb
Hepar Sulph
Mercurious Corr.

Antidotes to Calcarea Carb
Camphor, Ipec, Nux

Antidotes to Gelsemium
China Officianalis
Coffea Cruda
Digitalis purpurea

Antidotes to Medorrhinum
Ipecacuanha

Antidotes to Opium
Belladonna Atropa
Ipec
Nux Vomica

Antidotes to Platina
Bell and Pulsatilla.

Antidotes to Silicea
Hepar Sulph and Calcarea Carb.

Antidotes to sulphur
Aconite , Arsenic, Camphor, Causticum, Chamomilla, Cinchona, Conium, Nux , Mercurious Vivus, Pulsatilla, Rhus Tox, Silicea.

best wishes. .

--

February 23 2016
Thank you so much Udaya! I'll report later

--

February 23 2016
ok

--

February 24 2016
Dear Udaya,
A quick update and another question which is inevitable as you always give so much food for thought and action.
After the third day/dose of Gelsemium 30C J suddenly regained his hearing(!!!) and it became quite acute again. On a less bright note, he began to throw tantrums (something I almost forgot about) two mornings in a row -- "hand hurting being interrupted" - so this morning I gave him Gels 200C.
Your reference to Antim crud. made me want to change course. Although it did not come even close to Agaricus in my matching the "totality of symptoms" exercise, what you said made it stand out prominently, particularly the suppression and the hands part. There was suppression for sure and the description of arthritic sensations in the hands (shaking off hands when writing -J always did it when younger - and all the current sensations) would call for it. I will receive Agaricus tonight and wanted to ask if it makes sense to give Antim crud first at this stage. Amd if so, in which potency and how often. I have it in 30C and 200C only. Also, can Gelsemium be continied alongside or should we wait. Thank you so much. Will update soon.
~shanti

Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.