Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Amygdalus Persica -- Peach Tree
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Attn: Mr. Udaya Kumar 14 yo teenager needs help
Started by: Shanti at November 2 2015

Replies: 107 & Views: 10841    Font    Page 2 of 5  Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next          Reply

Re:Attn: Mr. Udaya Kumar 14 yo teenager needs help By: Shanti

November 22 2015
Dear Udaya,

As always, I am very grateful for your insight and for the enormous amount of time you share to keep this forum alive with hope... I only hope we can repay you somehow... some day...

First and foremost, today's visit to the cardiologist was a happy one. After extensive testing (ECG, Echo, etc.), he said there is nothing to worry about (Thank God!!!), just routine annual monitoring of the aorta is needed. I will be able to give more details when I get the full report.

My perception is that if J's phoebias are not caused by any underlying heart condition, they are probably related to his aversion to being touched, let alone pushed, in a crowd, when his social anxiety hits full throttle.

To summarize some important changes that were observed BEFORE and AFTER Veratrum Vir. --

BELLADONNA 1M. Great improvement for one day followed by the "return of the ailment with force". Notably, smashing and breaking hasn't returned ever since. (Oh, do I want to hug you for that! ))).

CARCINOSINUM 10M. J was doing quite well for the first 4 days following the dose. There was notable improvement in throat clearing and mood. Although the improvement was accompanied by some cursing and insults and usual OCD, there was no anger -- as if just blurting out the words for the heck of it -- and the tantrums were short lived. At school they also noticed some improvement in J's behavior, although nothing dramatic. He still doesn't do much in most of the classes except gazing at the ceiling. J. thinks that everyone hates him and that belief often makes him act like a clown; he doesn't follow instructions, writes teachers' names all over (he writes and draws everywhere at home as well), and irritates other kids. What I find very strange is that even on those rare occasions when J actually makes an effort and does his homework he almost never submits it... I can't explain his state of mind on this as of yet... Either he forgets or he doesn't care. If the latter is the case, it could be either a sign of depression or total lack of responsibility and absolute dependence on others to work things out (I am sure I read this remedy profile somewhere). This is frustrating because he typically gets 100% for his work when he does submit it. He says he wants to improve his grades, and yet does nothing to achieve that. At the same time he is very sensitive to criticism, and yet the more he believes that teachers and peers perceive him as a fool or a "bad guy" (which they don't), the worse he behaves. After school his only activity is to go to the park and throw a ball on a tree and then try to shoot it down with his sneakers until all three get permanently stuck up there. At home, he spends most of his time lying in bed doing nothing.

On the 5th day after Carc. (November 20) J. seriously went downhill, with all the symptoms coming back at once -- more intense throat clearing (although not nearly as bad as in his pre-Carc. days), eye touching, OCD (wants his dad to repeat certain actions/words certain number of times at certain intervals, otherwise throws a tantrum), cursing, insulting. He also started repeating that he hates me (something he hadn't said for over a month).

On that same day (November 20) the FIRST DOSE of VERATRUM VIRIDE 30C was given at 4 pm. Two hours later, J had a 1/2 hour session with his osteopath during which he was extremely fidgety, kept moving his shoulders, jerking his legs, twitching his hands and touching his eyes all the time. This behavior was very unusual as the sessions normally have a very relaxing effect. Could it be the action of VV?

Same day SECOND DOSE of VERATRUM VIRIDE given at 8 pm. Couldn't fall asleep for a long time due to persistent throat clearing and was spitting on hands a lot (which he hadn't done for a while).

Nov. 21. The 3RD DOSE of VERATRUM VIRIDE was given early morning and this is where I could see some REAL POSITIVE CHANGE.

Although he did engage in eye touching and hand twitching in the morning, it gradually subsided.
J was calm the whole day... He didn't throw a "negative energy" tantrum even when he accidentally bumped on me ("normally", all hell would break lose if he saw me even at a distance!).
All throat clearing was gone.
Slept in the afternoon... which is very unusual -- he hadn't taken any afternoon naps since he was 2 yo. I consider it a good sign -- that his hyperactive state of mind became relaxed.
Did his homework (a big WOW!).
Showed signs of his past cheerful and humorous disposition (this is HUGE!).
Bouts of cough disappeared.
OCD present -- he did ask his dad to repeat a certain number of actions and words, but only a couple of times.

Also, since Carcinosinum, he's been eating a lot of apples. Could it be that his body is engaging in some gentle detox? I think his sugar cravings are considerably reduced in the past few days.

Unfortunately, this "picture perfect" got horribly messed up in the evening when J sneaked into my room and we discovered that he had just taken 5 pellets of Anacardium 30C... As he had always shown interest in what kind of remedies I was giving him, and surely had done some research on their potential effect, I became suspicious that this was not the first time... We asked him to write down the exact dates and names of the remedies that he had taken based on his own "prescribing methodology". He said hadn't taken anything since November 15, but THAT was exactly the day when Carcinocinum 10M was also given... Upon hearing that, I felt like banging my head against the wall... Do you think things got messed up badly right there?.... I can assure you this won't happen again as all the remedies are now locked and I swallowed the key... But if you need volunteers for provings, you know where to find us!

As could be expected, immediately after Anac. J was stomping his feet, cursing and swearing and throwing pillows at his dad, and throat clearing had returned. We gave him coffee beans to smell, he acted a bit more and then went to bed. Throat clearing disappeared, but I'm afraid that the action of Ver. V. may have disappeared as well or got altered by Anac. or coffee or both and there will be nothing to observe tomorrow...

I only hope you could help sort us out... I have ordered and now received all the remedies and potencies (with Ver. V 200C on the way) that will be needed sooner or later based on your kind advice and I will list them in the next post for easier future reference.

PS I had a revelation about Tuberculinum which I'll share in a separate post so as not to dump everything together.

Thank you so much for your time and your support...

With warmest regards,
shanti

Re:Attn: Mr. Udaya Kumar 14 yo teenager needs help By: udaya kumar
--

November 22 2015
Both Carcinosinum and VV in their higher potencies i.e. 10M and 200C respectively.....Tuberculinum followed by Sepia will stop him from hating you.......!!!
Use of Anacardium more than necessary will be somewhat proving in some individuals.....particularly who are sensitive..... Coffea Cruda or Rhus Tox can antidote anacardium/...... use of Bell in higher potency single globule once will also be beneficial........after Tuberculinum/

I shall be on Upvasa ( complete fasting ) for 21 days from day after tomorrow morning which would mean I would be intellectually, mentally, physically, physiologically and electronically shut off from the external world for the next 21 days.......If there is something you need to ask me you can ask that until tuesday morning.....best wishes.

--

November 23 2015
Dear Udaya,

Thank you so much for your reply! Overall, (and despite yesterday's little Anacardium episode), J. is doing SO MUCH BETTER compared to where we were before we "met" you... How can I ever thank you enough?!...

Thank you also for clearing the path for us and for the opportunity to ask questions before we go into a SOS mode without you!

I am struggling a bit with frequency of the higher potencies, not being able to recognize how long the action of each particular remedy lasts and/or when it wears out and when the next dose should be given (some say "months apart"...).
Could you please take a look at the sequence below that I put together based on your previous and current advice (and what I feel is the order of importance) and see if anything is out of sync there.

1. CARCINOSINUM 10M. As a "medium", how often should it be repeated? (The first dose of 10M was given one week ago, but may have been messed up by Anacardium on the same day)

to be followed by

2. VERATRUM VIRIDE 200C -- one dose a day for three consecutive days or every other day? (This is the remedy where I have the hardest time connecting the dots...)

to be followed by

3. TUBERCULINUM 10M
99% of this remedy profile fits J, but as I was re-reading your thoughts on Tara's thread I noted that you recommended Tub. Koch and we used only Tub. Bov (with 200C improving the mood and 1M having no visible/measurable effect). Should we switch to Koch? And if the dose needs to be repeated, how often?

to be followed by

4. SEPIA. Is it one dose only? In which potency?

to be followed by

5. PHOSPHORUS 30C. 3 doses a day for one day. Can it be given right after Sepia, i.e. 1-2 days apart? How often should it be repeated (or, rather, what would warrant it?) as a constitutional remedy?

to be followed by

6. ARNICA 200C one dose (hypoxia + past injury)

to be followed by

7. NATRUM SULPHUR. 1M. One dose only.

After that --

6. THUJA 30C/NAT. MUR 30C. Should it be 3x/day for one day or 3x/day for three days each?

7. Belladonna 10M -- if/when symptoms agree

8. Gelsemium 30C, Medorrhinum 1M -- some time down the road.

I am sure this will keep us busy until you return...

Many many thanks for guiding us on this long and winding road!...

Wishing you a lot of strength, health, endurance, and the most rewarding spiritual experience. We are missing you already...

Shanti

--

November 23 2015
As per books remedies works from one day to 45 days...Aconitum would work for one day and cure....whereas Lycopodium and Silicea etc. could work upto 45 days.....They are old story where people can wait upto 45 days without any fatality occuring to the patient......we cannot with the present day ailments....the gap for 30C is 3 hours and of 200C is 6 hours and 1M is minimum 15 days and that of 10M and above one month.....Meaning they work generally for those periods ....I believe in changing and giving the medicines when symptoms indicate and giving at shorter intervals according to severety....I am yet to see in last 10 years here any serious aggravations except in sporadic cases where mind is involved......therefore I have been proving here again and again that those myths on homeopathy arise out of avidya.....to some sense ignorance.....a mind freightened by a snake until darkness is expelled and light reveals it to confirm it a rope is avidya......i.e Until a person proves on himself each and every medicine, his fears, conclusions, knowledge etc. etc. about that medicine in homeopathy is only a conjuncture.....Many a statement in those classic books therefore is based on the fears of the physician rather than
his actual experience.....i.e. if an aggravation is noticed after a certain medicine he will note that down and will never venture to give that medicine again and propagate so where as you have seen by yourself how Bell 30C aggravated first and showed miraculous calmness next and how its higher potency aggravates first and then calm down like a calmness before the storm and the calmness after the storm.....

Carcinosinum 10M may be repeated only after 1Month....

Veratrum Verde 200C one dose every day and then one dose a week.

Tuberculinum Kotch or Bovine gives similar results...but I would prefer Kotch. 1M may be repeated in 15 days maximum three doses only.....

Sepia start with 30C three times a day for three days.......do not use milk when sepia is used (another myth) which may be followed as nothing is proved against that.....

Phosphorus can go well right after Sepia if needed or space it......

Thuja /Natrum Mur combination is specific foundation course for Autistic children but here in this case I do not think you need to reach that stage as I expect carcinosinum/veratrum/bell to do maximum work......

Thanks for your good wishes....it is indeed should be a rewarding spiritual experience on a natural trail......with best wishes.

--

December 13 2015
Dear Udaya,

So happy to see you on the forum and full of energy! I hope you are having a truly positive transformational experience.. I just read an article about the evolutionary aspect of fasting and how it enhances the ability of nerve cells to repair DNA... Amazing!

I wanted to hold off any reports until you return, but there has been so much happening that I want to mention some of the most notable things. (Of course, I keep record of daily changes and details if you think something would be important to elaborate on).

BELLADONNA 10M (Nov. 23) was given after throat clearing resumed full force. I think it exhausted its action for us -- almost immediately it was followed by a huge aggravation of all the symptoms -- throat clearing, temper tantrums and more. (I kept thanking God its action was short-lived:))) No throwing/breaking things though -- the first doses of Belladonna stopped it for good. I gave J a succussion in the evening, bad mood persisted all day and following day.

TUBERCULINUM 10M (Nov. 25). Just as with 1M, no changes could be observed.

THUJA 30C (Nov. 26). This was a mishap -- I was supposed to start J on Sepia, but the bottles got mixed and he received Thuja instead. Fell asleep right away (I learned later from other posts that this is a "byside" effect of Thuja...) Next morning J had a very hoarse voice, but very little throat clearing. Hollow (metallic) cough instead. Full moon. Good weather.

SEPIA 30C (Nov. 27-29), 3x/day for 3 days. Mostly the same -- eye touching, a lot of throat clearing with hawking sounds intermittent with belching, burping and coughing. Voice very hoarse, tantrums, irritable, OCD (demanding that his dad repeats certain words or actions at certain times) really bad. Hand twitching a little less frequent.

CHANGES:

-- During this time J's upper back became very ITCHY, to the point he began to tear his skin again and bleeding all over. The itching still persists (his sheets and the pillow are stained with blood every night).

-- I began to suspect that his throat clearing was NO LONGER TOURETTE'S, but caused either by post nasal drip or throat irritation or the phlegm in his throat that he can't push up or all the above combined. At least, it doesn't sound nearly as bad as that horrifying non-stop lion's roar and I could hear mucus rattling in his throat.

-- Began to SING and HUM every day everywhere

-- Cursing completely stopped

-- BELCHING and SNORTING added to the bouquet. Belching is an old and snorting is a new tic. Neither persisted longer than a few days.

-- INFLAMMATION in the outer corner and around the left eye. May be just irritation from touching eyes constantly, I am not sure.

CUPRUM MET 30C (Nov. 30 at night) given to help with incessant bouts of cough that was getting worse. Within 1/2 hour cough completely gone.

FIRST DOSE of VERATRUM VIRIDE 200C (Dec. 1). Throat clearing becomes more intense. The following morning J had a psychiatric EPISODE, the first in over a month -- after accidentally bumping on me, he got hysterical about his hands and started SHAKING HANDS (hadn't done it since summer) again trying to shake off "negative energy". Impossible to talk to, acting "possessed" and insane.

Calmer after school in the afternoon, but the only "conversation" he is able to maintain is about his obsessive hatred towards me. No appetite. Throat clearing intermittent with burp (old) and "uhm" (new) sound. Tries to throw a couple of tantrums when throat clearing is interrupted. Says his throat gets hurt when interrupted.

SECOND DOSE of VV 200C (Dec. 2). Mood improves, does his HW. Throat clearing persist until he falls asleep at 11:30 pm. Wakes up from throat clearing at 1:30 am, with phlegm sound in his chest or throat (Tourette's symptoms never happen during sleep, so another indication it's no longer Tourette's). The following day -- intense throat clearing, with bouts of cough and snorting in between. A couple of tantrums.

THIRD DOSE of VV 200C (Dec. 3). Good mood the following day, attempts a conversation with me, very little throat clearing. Eye touching gets worse and he starts spitting on hands a lot in bed (older symptom). Bouts of cough.

PHOSPHORUS 30C 3x/day (Dec. 5). Good all day, little throat clearing, good mood, no tantrums, no cough.

ARNICA 200C (Dec. 6). Arnica was prompted by J's spitting on hands earlier as you had mentioned the possible link to hypoxia. Good mood all day, no throat clearing until 5 pm when it reappears and becomes very intense after 7 pm, intermittent with cough.

December 7-8. Good things persist -- good mood, very little throat clearing.

CARCINOSINUM 10M (Dec.8

CHANGES:

-- Much improvement, just like with the previous dose. Tantrums gone. Sadness gone. Throat clearing almost gone.

VERATRUM VIRIDE 200C (Dec. 10). After an hour J began spitting on hands in bed again.

Dec. 11-Dec. 13. GOOD CONTROL, very little throat clearing, engages in conversations with me, no tantrums, less eye touching and less hand twitching. Acts more alive -- no longer spends hours just lying in bed. Old symptom returns -- nose sniffing/blowing.

Overall, with all the ups and downs, I can see some slow, but steady improvement. The main concerns and observations at the moment are:

-- When symptoms get worse, they ALWAYS get worse in the evening, after 5 pm and then really bad after 8 pm;
-- Symptoms persist during the meals;
-- The itching persists (started during Sepia days, but may be because the air got colder and drier), mostly on the back, upper chest, legs and inside ears, in other words, almost everywhere, except the face.
-- Covers his head all the time -- keeps it under the blanket even when wearing the hat in bed, or pulling the shirt over his head. Says he feels more comfortable this way.
-- Still refuses to take a shower, does it only once a week and only when bribed.
-- Social and emotional development is often at the level of an 8 year old, with a high pitched voice and a baby face to match.
-- Doesn't care about his appearance and/or how his behaviour may affect people around him
-- Doesn't do any homework and is failing every subject, but teachers notice improvement in class work/attention/behaviour.

I hope my observations make more sense to you than they do to me... Unless you suggest otherwise, I will continue with Veratrum and Carcinosinum. I appreciate your sharing your insight of and experience with potencies and frequencies as I am certainly tempted to give it more often than once a month if I see the return of the symptoms as I can see its profound action. Tremendously grateful for your advice, I often feel that I am the one being treated here -- compared to where we were just two months ago before we met you and where we are now is like night and day... emotionally and mentally... I don't know where we'd be without you...

I also wanted to share a recent study that I found amazing -- MMR antibodies found in 90% of autistic children. 0% in those that are non-autistic. Those same autistic children also have antibodies to their own brains. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12145534

Thanks so much for everything!
Shanti

--

December 13 2015
Use Thuja in M single dose and use Borax 30C three doses a day for three days after that...Raise the potency of Veratrum Virde to 10M single dose....Return of old symptoms are good prognosis towards cure...i shall write in detail later.

--

December 14 2015
Udaya, thank you very much for your suggestions!

I should have knocked my wooden head before posting yesterday as J's wonderful improvement in the past few days somewhat deteriorated today for reasons unbeknownst to me... -- loud throat clearing, complains that his throat is itchy and irritated, thinks it's allergies, gets very upset and even cries about it a couple of times. OCD got back, he even asked ME to repeat certain words at certain intervals... I guess, I'd rather keep the wall between us... ))) Nothing terrible, just a bump on the road I didn't see coming...

I will get Thuja 1M and 10M before the end of the week. Reading the remedy profile... J did have a few warts on his palms and fingers when he was between 3 and 6 yo. Eventually, we removed them with over the counter wart removal stuff... now I see that it's considered suppression... J also one had one bowel movement episode that was very similar to what's described in MM -- when he was around 10 he would soil his pants several times a day (I attributed it to dysbiosis) and one day he had what looked like several gallons of brown water gushing out of him... This happened one time only, after that he continued to soil his pants for a couple of months with very dark green, almost black, color. The accident occurred a couple of months before he had the Rotavirus infection.

Again, thanks so much for finding the time and energy to reply!

Kindest Regards,
Shanti

--

December 14 2015
Shanti,
The higher potencies are intended to abort such aggravations....you may require 50M as well as CM potencies of some of the medicines....best wishes.

--

December 15 2015
I get it, but I don't think it was an aggravation this time. The first dose of Carcinosinum about a month ago had exactly the same effect as the second dose just now -- 4 days of improvement in almost everything and then sliding back on the 5th day. Does this pattern call for a higher potency or increased frequency? So far, I've seen aggravation in J's case only with Belladonna (in all potencies) and Anacardium. I think VV had some effect on muscles as the twitching got worse, perhaps, due to accompanying sensations that are in the keynotes...

The Helios site now lists several remedies made of different "cancers" which were not there the first time I ordered -- Carcinosin Globlastoma Multiforme, Carc. Neck/Gland Adenocarcinoma, Carc. Melanoma, and Carcinosinum (Tinus Smits). Should I opt to go with Tinus Smits? 50M? Are there other remedies that I should order in higher potencies while I am at it? (I'd rather overstock than not have them when needed -- sometimes higher potencies are not readily available...)

Thank you for your brilliant insight and for being so connected... I wish you a very smooth return to the three dimensional world... It would be invaluable to learn about your experience!

With warmest regards,
shanti

--

December 16 2015
use Carcinosinum in higher potency.......not increased frequency.....yes . Carcinosinum (Tinus smits)........yes I shall narrate soon.... with regards...

--

December 19 2015
Dear Udaya,

Thanks so much for finding time to reply.

I wanted to fill you in with some details before things develop further and ask a couple of questions for when you have the time.

As I mentioned earlier, on the 5th day following Carc. 10M things went downhill, especially throat clearing, OCD (asking to repeat things at certain intervals) and itching. J. was not given any remedies for a week and yesterday (Dec. 17) he had very intense throat clearing in the morning and it began to sound like Tourette's again. I just realized how I distinguish between "Tourette's" and "non-Tourette's" throat clearing: when it is "Tourette-like" it is accompanied by this "mmmm" sound, as if from straining, and there is less or no mucus rattling; whereas with "non-Tourette" it's just "normal" throat clearing, similar to what we all do now and then.

We had a three-way session with his psychologist in the middle of the day yesterday and I could observe him well.

With the exception of a couple of small random scratches, his face is clear and the dark circles around his eyes had diminished a lot so he looks fine. His ears are very itchy so he keeps rubbing them against his shoulders all the time.

It looks like most of the itching and scratching is inside the ears and on the upper back and shoulders, very little on his legs. Of course, I didn't see his hands as he was keeping them under his shirt with the sleeves pulled down all the way.

He was given THUJA 1M at 4:00 pm and I subconsciously expected it to have the same effect as 30C -- that is to knock him down. Instead, the opposite occurred -- his throat clearing got so intense he couldn't fall asleep and around 11 pm his skin was so itchy he began to scream.

The following morning (today) he got hysterical while still in bed (because his dad woke him up and therefore interrupted when he was clearing his throat and so on and so forth).

This is an unexpected development as J was improving slowly but surely, and I am a bit at a loss, having no clue why it happened. He hasn't been in a good mood either, no singing anymore.

It's not as bad compared to 2 months ago, but acquiring some of the features of the past... it could be the dry weather that is causing the flare up and naturally, when he is itching all over he gets more agitated and it aggravates his whole system. I just wanted to mention it to you in case you may see something else in it.

J. took the first dose of BORAX 30C at 8 pm today. I will report after three days on the remedy. Is the role of Borax to relieve the itching and/or reduce sensitivity in our case?

And another quick question: after the three-day course of Borax 30C and if Veratrum Viride 10M doesn't arrive next week should I give him Veratrum 200C?

Thank you. Your insight is invaluable and so much appreciated.

With warmest regards,
shanti

Dec. 19. Udaya, I need to add that today is the second day when the symptoms (throat clearing and OCD) are WORSE IN THE MORNING, unlike during several weeks earlier. His mood is not great either -- very irritable. I think he also started throwing things around (it's hard to tell as he is always so very messy that I'm afraid to enter his room), but that's my impression... I was thinking of Belladonna in higher potency (50M) which I do not have at the moment. Do you think I should keep it in stock despite our earlier "aggravation" experiences? Thank you!

--

December 19 2015
Borax is for the energy factor which you have been mentioning.....for the sponge in him which absorbs every negative energies......and the underlying other phoebias......I would not ask you to give him further medicines until he stabilize, improve and become better than before......Do not give VV 200C wait for 10M...give only single globule of 10M......just wait for a couple of more days without medicines.....

--

December 19 2015
We learn something new every day! -- Borax is my staple housecleaning product and I could associate it with so many different things, but definitely not the energies! That sounds like an indispensable remedy in today's world... and I'll be studying it for sure!

Thank you very much! We'll stay away from any remedies for now and I'll report after Borax.

And just before you replied I had added a little update to my previous post -- about the change to the "worse mornings" pattern...

--

December 19 2015
Please read the experience of Denise with Borax on dispelling the perennial menace of energies in this forum.......Morning aggravation may be a passing phase and therefore refrained from any comments on that......

--

December 26 2015
Dear Udaya,
You are an inspiration! Thank you very much for sharing your experience. What you are planning to do is very much needed. There is a real a war waged on our health by the pharmaceuticals and the medical establishment + those who poison the food we eat. Incidentally, it was my dream recently - to have a center for alternative, that is "traditional" medicine (I refuse to call it "alternative" as it is really more traditional than all the allopathic medicine combined) that would offer many different therapies and modalities (ayurveda, accupuncture, homeopathy, yoga, baths, etc.), and where all different practitioners would work together in a non-competing fashion to "diagnose" and then find the best primary treatment for each patient and if necessary, support with complementary treatments, all as a one stop shop. You can rest assured you'll have all the support here when you decide to expand overseas!

With regard to J... I wish I could spot and report a pattern, but things develop quite sporadically (at least, so they appear to my untrained observer's mind):

Following THUJA 1M we completed three days of BORAX 30C. On the second day of BORAX (December 20) throat clearing and OCD was worse than usual and J was hysterical most of the day (it was Sunday, so couldn't be attributed to the stress at school). After the 3rd day on Borax there was a SHIFT IN BEHAVIOR -- J stopped running away from me and could stay in the same room with me talking and listening for a few minutes (albeit, with his hands hidden under the shirt or covered with a blanket). This was quite a breakthrough!!! All the other symptoms seemed to be contained as well -- almost no OCD, no tantrums, but throat clearing the same. It only lasted for two days and now he is back to avoiding me and worse -- he now doesn't allow his dad to come near him, claiming it "hurts his hands" and saying that he actually feels everyone's negative energy (before that, it was only me!).

During the same days I noticed that his HEARING WAS IMPAIRED -- he can't hear if I talk to him across the small room w/o raising my voice. His hearing was always very sharp, but I remember the same happened last winter -- when he suddenly couldn't hear well for a couple of weeks. This time he says he stopped hearing well after he had taken a shower. However, he used to take regular swim lessons for 3 years and never had any "swimmer's ear" problems. I recall when J was much younger he used to have a lot of wax accumulated in his ears, but it never seemed to affect his hearing. I used hydrogen peroxide to dissolve the wax and also Causticum a couple of times. This time I can't make any connection with what may have been a probable cause...

Dec. 24. OCD (gets hysterical), throat clearing -- worse
Dec. 25. OCD better, throat clearing -- much better during the day, but gets worse in the evening.

NO CHANGE -- eye touching, hand twitching. The itch persists, scratches all over his legs, especially the left leg, on the upper chest, and lower back. Wearing hat all the time, can't expose his hands anywhere, can't stand being touched, even from his dad now. Drawing and writing everywhere and on everything -- walls, desks, chairs, bed linens, clothes. Mess all over, refuses to take a shower, very little sensible communication. Oblivious to the surroundings. Just to demonstrate what I meant by "oblivious" -- last night he was in the bathroom with his iPad and turned the water on (he always runs the water while using the bathroom). He was sitting right next to the bathtub and didn't notice it overflow until the water flooded the floor and ran into the living room... I know that he didn't do it on purpose, he really just doesn't notice these things...

WORSE -- In the past three days tantrums returned full force -- every morning, with screaming, crying, cursing, insulting (hadn't cursed or used insulting words for a a few previous weeks). They are always about the hands and the "negative energy" hurting them and "cutting them apart" and about the interruption of throat clearing. Every time I get into his sight he throws a tantrum about how "cursed" he is, how his hands are being destroyed, etc. He says the energy is very real. Often, after a bad tantrum he goes straight into singing, jumping and laughing mode as if nothing happened... Today we had the worst psychiatric episode since the summer... so much screaming the walls are shaking, crying "I am done with this life", wants to be taken to the hospital because he is "crazy" that he is going to die tonight, something's wrong with his brain. This lasted for hours and still goes on... Throat clearing so bad he is almost choking. I gave him Belladonna 1M about an hour ago as I figured it couldn't get any worse. Have yet to see the effect..

At the same time, at school the teachers say he has been behaving very well lately...

He keeps growing so fast it's almost scary -- grew taller than his dad just in a couple of months and is about 180 cm now! Still "baby" voice and "baby face", the mustache line appeared about a year ago, but no hair growth as of yet.

Veratrum Viride 10M hasn't arrived yet so we have plenty of time in which to observe, breathe, meditate, and take notes ))).

I would like to thank you once again for your tremendous super-human support and wish you and your family the very best of what Life has to offer -- in the New Year and always -- Love, Peace, Joy, Health, Wealth, Energy, and Success.

Happy Holidays and Happy 2016!!! May God bless you!

shanti

December 30 2015
Dear Udaya,

I am sorry for the desperate rambling in my previous post, I was taken aback...

When you have a moment, could you please share your insight (as in "explanation for dummies"))) on frequencies and potencies -- something I still struggle to understand --

Most of the books/authors say that a remedy should be repeated once it's action is exhausted (provided it brings an improvement), yet at the same time you read that the action of some remedies (in high potencies) may last for months and even years and therefore they should NOT be repeated often.
Thank you!

And a couple of other things -- although it may be preliminary because I haven't had a chance to study it properly -- I wanted to ask what you think of Kali Bromatum as in J's case. The remedy was suggested by Tara who was providing me with life support these days and who is more intuitive than I ever will be... I checked its profile and found an amazing amount of similarities with present as well as the past symptoms. I will make a list of them over the weekend, but it does seem to fit. I've never had any experience with salts before and don't know anything about their correct potencies... Also, I don't remember why, but somehow I could draw the connection with Medorrhinum -- another one that I think fits in many ways and what you suggested earlier for lymph nodes. The more I read about it the more similarities I find. I haven't gotten to it yet, but have the 1M ready. So far, the storm described above subsided, it's not exactly the calm yet, but another shift which I'll describe later when I am able to observe more.
I hope you are doing very well and thank you for your patient advice!
Warmest regards,
shanti

January 5 2016
Dear Udaya,
I hope you enjoyed the holidays and had a blessed and blissful beginning of 2016.

We have a bit of an SOS situation here... J has been w/o any remedies since I last reported around Christmas (still waiting for Veratrum 10M to arrive). His behavior has been a lot better, although kind of inane -- no tantrums since the last "episode" over a week ago, almost no throat clearing in the past few days and he doesn't hide from me all the time as before, just acts like a clown most of the time and being in his own world where things that are sad or silly appear very funny.
However, his itch scratch cycle has peaked to the point of unbearable -- he is itching and bleeding all over 24/7. The worst affected areas are the legs (worse on the back of his thighs, back of his knees and calves) and the butt, but there are also many scars and scratches on the shoulders and some on his chest. The face is clear. He's been taking baths with Dead Sea salts, baking soda, colloidal oats, and coconut oil. They provide some relief, but it's short lived. The last time he had such a flare up was 5 years ago. As usual -- clear skin, no eruptions, no rash, just gets unbearably itchy. I wonder if there is anything that can or should be done at this point to relieve the suffering. Thank you very much for your advice. Warmest regards, ~shanti

--

January 5 2016
This is a grat sign though very difficult to endure....the mental signs disappear the physical signs reappear.......and vice versa...the indicated medicine is Platinum Metalicum....
http://www.homeoint.org/books/boericmm/p/plat.htm
The main observable symptom is tendency to light on back with both legs far apart..........! revengeful mind....small differences with even friends would end in thoghts of killing......Single dose in 1M two or three globules will abort all mind and physical symptoms.

I cannot say with certainty whether Platinum symptomatically appropriate would work here...though it works in most of he convalescing medical conditions..where physical weakness and helplessness create a mind of vengeance.....!!

Another most useful medicine is Urine Bovinum Defloratum local application ....meaning apply cows urine for half an hour and wash it with cold water...repeat it weekly and he will never have it....(Divya Pharmacy of Ram Dev has bottled urine sold as medicine) available in New Delhi...application of auto urine is equally effective....
Alumina is effective in most cases at 30C potency three times a day for one to three days.....Petroleum 30C Sulphur 30C, psorinum 1M would be effective, Arsenic Album 30C will be effective but they are all temporary relief....AND with some chances of aggravation in Sulphur, psorinum etc. .

--

January 11 2016
Udaya,

Thank you so much for your quick emergency response and I apologize for not being able to respond promptly sometimes. I have some great news to report. I had given consideration to Platinum some time ago... couldn't find any similarities then and can't find any now. Incidentally, just after I read your post J. stopped complaining about the itch so I took a deep breath and decided to wait. He's been holding on ok so far. In a way it was a blessing -- made him take a bath 4 times in a row! (He still doesn't wash his hair or brush his teeth :O)

The best news is that since the last meltdown around Christmas (Dec. 24-26), for the first time in months he didn't have any (or very minimal) throat clearing for almost two weeks! Consequently, there were almost no tantrums (most of his tantrums are the result of his throat clearing being interrupted), hand twitching is a lot less, eye touching changed from "eye-knee-eye-knee" pattern to just lightly rubbing the eye. Two weeks of calm!!!

The clouds began to re-appear yesterday, January 9, when J's throat clearing resumed (Tourette-like, but not nearly as frequent as before) with all the accompanying symptoms, although so far in a much milder form than usual -- he broke a few pens and rulers and did scream and curse once when alone in his room, but there were no serious tantrums, just extreme irritation. The same today, but overall he is in a good mood.

If this two week pattern persists (we need to wait to see how things develop in the next two weeks), it will be an old pattern surfacing and another great sign. J had this two-week periodicity long before the development of the mental issues -- when he was much younger he would get along well for two weeks and then he would have a tantrum out of the blue sky, so forceful that it would suck me in, like a vortex, and dry me off completely. It was different from "letting the steam out". Rather, it looked as if he needed to get his portion of negativity every couple of weeks and once he consumed it, he became a "perfect child" again for the next two weeks. My husband and I had a feeling and were joking he was some vampire who feeds on energy -- each episode left me completely drained energetically, even when I refused to be sucked in and just ignored it.

He's had enormous appetite this past week -- one portion could feed an army. No change in his cravings/love for raspberries, kombucha tea and kalamata olives. Hearing still impaired. Still no interest in anything, failing all subjects in school (hasn't opened a book for weeks) and doesn't seem to understand the consequencies... All he wants to do is play basketball outside... Alone...

So this is my good news for today. All thanks to your efforts and your endless support. I appreciate this so much!...

J. hasn't been on any remedies since December 21 (the last dose of Borax). (Just as I wrote this past sentence, J asked me if I was still corresponding with "the homeopath" and how come I hadn't given him any remedies lately.) That said, unfortunately, VV 10M and Carcinocinum 50M haven't arrived and likely, got lost in the holidays mail so I'll be re-ordering tonight which means waiting another week or so...

January 11 2016
Udaya,

I wanted to ask you about the two remedies that keep coming up whenever I attempt to dive into simillimums --

1. Helleborus Niger. Below I listed the similarities that match 100%. It is also indicated for brain inflammation. Although no one could tell with certainty, some practitioners suggested it could be the case in J's case (our acupuncturist said J's voice suddenly changing to high pitched could be an indication of brain inflammation) --

- depressed sensory activity. J. never had any sense of smell and his sensitivity to pain is either extremely high or extremely low.
- diminished power of mind over the body. Obviously the case.
- sees imperfectly. Or rather, doesn't see or doesn't comprehend objects near him
- hearing imperfect. This is happening now and before
- drops what he is holding. Always the case
- indifference to his fate. 100%. J's attitude toward school and eventually college is a good indication
- automatic motion of body parts repeated at exact intervals. This was a recent eye-to-knee touching tic, and there were other movements in a similar pattern always at specific intervals
- strong aversion to making any effort. No comments.
- they have been observed to bite their spoon when eating without being aware of it. This "symptom" is peculiar as J. has been biting the spoon since the time when he lost some of his motor skills (as we know now)
- have a history of fever and/or head injury. Yes

2. Barita Carbonica for all the obvious things, with "misplacement" being the most prominent, minus "dwarf" constitution and "shyness". Although I can't be certain about the latter as shyness can often be masked by clownish and other types of behavior.

These remedies just keep knocking on my door and I would appreciate your thoughts.

Kindest regards,

~shanti

--

January 11 2016
Dear Shanti,
Hellaborus is one name which comes to our mind in all cases under the spectrum of autism.....your case took a different route because of the name PANDA.......You should be administering single dose as per similimums and observe......Baryta carb figures wherever there is development issues....but before baryta and phytolacca for metabolism, the issue of as you correctly pointed out and I quote " Deminished Power of Mind over the body" has to be set right as a larger media within which the other corrections have to take place...... We had (Me and Thara) had already discussed this issue in the case of Opium in her thread ...you might have perhaps read it where I have mentioned the Consciousness Fail to Dictate.......This perfectly fits into the symptom "Pain is either extremely High or extremely Low." which is again a psychotropic property speficific to alkhaloids and in particular Opium and its derivatives....Constipation would be a bonus.....I would suggest few doses of Opium 200C tried first so that the slate is clean for hellaborus to work.....!!! Best wishes.

--

January 13 2016
This post is from January 11 (had a problem logging on)

Dear Udaya,

I appreciate your insight and you know that I am a permanent reader of Tara's thread, I am sure it is your previous comments that led me to Helleborus..

I need to re-read, research, and comprehend more about Opium and the impact on conscious and unconscious, in the meantime I'll be ordering it...

"Evil in its purest form is God....God in its impurest form is Evil.." only you could express the Absolute Truth with such beautiful simplicity. This is what I contemplate and meditate on every day since you said it...

In the meantime, the package arrived today and I now have Veratrum Viride 10M and Carcinosin in 50M and CM. I will give J. VV 10M tomorrow unless you advise against it based on the developments in the past two weeks...

As expected, J's yesterday's meltdown turned into a full scale nuclear explosion today. Everything is exactly the same as two weeks ago and prior to that... even the words are the same -- although his throat clearing was not as bad as before, J threw a terrible tantrum at his dad when he was interrupted and was hysterical for a long time, crying again "what have i done to deserve this", "i'd rather die", "get me to the hospital, "i am mental", "i am sick", and so on. I fail to recognize what causes these outbursts and am anxious to see how long the next "calm" will last. My husband is losing it, he is now the main (and only) target of J's throat clearing OCD and it's getting a lot more "high tech": his dad needs to say certain words exactly at a 0.7 second interval. If the interval is 0.4 seconds, off the rails we go... both of them... I think J. really can tell the difference between 0.4 and 0.7 seconds, he is not making it up... but I wouldn't know how to repertorise that ability...

Should Carcinosin be repeated in 50M any time soon (the last dose of 10M was given on December 9).

As always, infinitely grateful to you for being our life line...

~shanti

--

January 14 2016
No need to repeat Carcinosinum 50M...if at all needed we will go for CM single dose at a later stage.....I would like to know the results of VV10M .....use Nux Vomica for tantrums.....

The Universe is a constant change a constant metamorphosis, one to the other to the other and back.....that pattern perhaps is visible here also......even if we do not give any medicines, by nature these patterns will be visible......clam storm calm....easy for me to say from here....I can very well understand the trauma you are going through...the only consolation is that the medicines may help in maintaining the calm more than the storms......I hope you have something different to say when you respond to this that we know for certain how to proceed.......

--

January 15 2016
Dear Udaya,

Thank you for your kind support and words of wisdom..

J was given VV 10M last night. I know it's too early to report, but there are a few developments I need to add before I lose track.

As you know, we had two whole weeks of relative calm -- almost no throat clearing, and a lot less of everything else except OCD (asking his dad to say or do things at intervals). Despite that huge improvement on all the visible fronts, J was kind of lifeless -- glassy eyes, no conversation, spending most of the time just lying in his bed and drawing everywhere. His itching subsided all by itself in the past few days (a lot fewer blood stains on the sheets), but my husband just reported that about three days ago J developed a new symptom (which could be a variation of the old symptom) -- suddenly violently jerking his head left and right and then bending over to touch his knees and so every 5 minutes... His hearing is still impaired.

Today all the symptoms got much worse -- throat clearing is back full force and non stop, intermittent with cough and burping -- literally as they were two months ago when we just started the course. Head jerking very violent and hand twitching is back (it was very infrequent over the past two weeks). OCD has peaked as well -- he doesn't let his dad pass by w/o demanding some repetition from him. I just re-read my earlier notes and recall that J had a similar reaction (throat clearing - worse, hands - a lot worse, mental state - a lot worse) after VV 200C and then it was followed by some improvement. I will have a better sense when I am able to observe over the weekend.

In case of a crisis, which potency of Nux Vom. do you recommend?

And - yes - I believe that soon I'll report something different and positive...

January 20 2016
Dear Udaya,

I wanted to wait for a few days to get a better picture, and I'm afraid there is no fabulous news to report.

As I said and which was expected, after VV 10M administered at night on January 13, the following day J had a severe aggravation, just like after 30C and 200C. To the point that his psychologist who saw him on that day was so concerned she called me for an "emergency session" to say that she thinks J needs to be put on drugs to relieve his suffering. And the reason I chose her was because she positioned herself as spiritual and not believing in pathology, etc... Oh well, now we need to find another one... Will be trying Polarity Therapy in February... That grave condition persisted the whole day. On January 15 I found a note on J's door written in his handwriting. It said "Dear (my husband's and my name), I regret to inform you that your son J died tonight. May he RIP." J was in his room and we held a 30-minute conversation through the open door when he actually told me for the first time in months what was bothering him -- that he was going to be assigned a paraprofessional at school and that it was like the Sword of Damocles (his exact words) over his head. We sorted it out and he became much calmer. Was ok all day after, a little throat clearing and a little tantrum in the morning, a little more throat clearing at night, but was not afraid to see me. No head jerking the whole day.

The itching is much less (but it began to subside before VV). He still spends all the time locked in his room, talking to himself, and being indifferent to anything else. I also noticed that he started strolling back and forth for prolonged periods when in his room. His teachers report that he can't focus, doesn't answer when asked, and looks completely spaced out.

In the past two days his OCD has become so intense, he just keeps screaming "no" when he hears me or my husband approaching. There is almost no throat clearing, so it's all about his hands now. Begins to curse and swear and cry when me or my husband asks him a question through the door. Gets hysterical, saying that being mentally sick is a lot worse than being physically sick... Started throwing "hatred" tantrums again, with me being the object of his hate (something he hadn't done for a while) and the tantrums are not mild now and last forever... Overall, I can still see fragments of J, but they are getting fewer and smaller.. and disappearing behind his all-consuming symptoms. Despite this, he communicates alright with his tutors and they say he understands everything so his mental capacity to study is not impaired, he just doesn't do anything on his own anymore and believes that the whole world hates him.. He really believes he is very sick and now says he's always been this way, we just didn't notice.. Often asks whether we think he is a good person or a bad person, wanting some reassurance, and at the same time not believing anything we say...

I haven't tried Nux Vom. yet as it's not possible in those moments that really call for it. If the chance presents itself, would 30C be ok or higher?

I will wait for your further advice as well as for Opium.. As to the distance... I am sure you've heard it many times, but you are more present than many people in their physical form around us... And for that I am very grateful...

With warmest regards,
~shanti

PS. Adding something important -- J just had a long conversation with his dad about what may have triggered all of this. We know that there was a lot of stress and bullying in his old school last year and today J said he was often beaten up in that school. I don't know if this is true or not -- last year I naturally suspected some bigger trauma than bullying and did some investigation, but couldn't find anything... The possibility still remains though.

And J's lab test results came back, I was disappointed to see they hadn't done the "extensive" test as was requested, just two hormones:

Cortisol -- 4.4. This is just a little low based on the normal range of 5-25.

Aldosterone - 5.2. The normal range for ages 21 to 65 is < or = 23.2 (Supine) or </= 39.2 (upright)

--

January 20 2016
use Nux at 30C.....Natrum Mur and Arnica have to be used as the adrenals functioning is not efficient....it is a waiting period and give no further medicines except nux or arnica which will not give any aggravations.Chamomilla 1M can be given single dose for the bullying background and to generally calm him down..... Staphysagria 1M single dose is also beneficial for such backgrounds where suffering of humiliation is cause to continuous stress which adrinal can no more take..... best wishes.

--

January 21 2016
Thank you very much Udaya.
You were so right about the adrenal and pituitary glands.. I can see now it's the emotional trauma more than anything else that he is trying to process... It was the stress that brought all the underlying conditions -- genetic, immune, etc. -- to the surface and at the same time those conditions served as predisposition to low stress tolerance... No wonder for years I felt we were trapped inside the vicious circle...
I had another confirmation from J's tutor -- J had received "0" on the chemistry test, but when his tutor went over the test with him today she said he knows at least 90% of the material. So he manages to acquire knowledge in the classroom without ever opening the book or taking notes, and then he doesn't care to show any of it...

For now, I have all the remedies you mentioned except Chamomilla. When J was a toddler and my knowledge of homeopathy was limited to Chamomilla only (it recently expanded to include Belladonna! Smile)) every time I used it (30C) to calm him down it had the opposite effect and made him nervous and hyper. Do you think it's still worth trying it in high potency?

I've been thinking about Nat. Mur often (thank you for indulging me!), perhaps because I personally experienced it's amazingly profound effect... It did make me speak and be heard in a hostile environment where I normally would have lost not only my voice, but also any trace of coherent thought, and that newly acquired ability resolved the situation in the most positive way...

I wanted to clarify that you meant "no remedies except NUX and Arnica" and not "NATRUM and Arnica" as you first mentioned Natrum in the context with Arnica. Could you please confirm this for me? I think Arnica can help here also with hand spitting that J engaged in tonight. His throat clearing is almost gone today and replaced with frequent burping -- a very old symptom which came back a couple of times after we started the course with you.

And... "No remedies" means putting everything off, including Staphysagria (oh, so tempting!), right?

Thank you so much for your insight!
With warmest regards... always
~shanti

Page 2 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.