Cell/Biochemic Salts
Bach Flower Remedies
Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Oxalicum Acidum
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Att: Mr. Kumar. 7 year old, Belladonna, and P.A.N.D.A.S.
Started by: TaraJoy at September 3 2013

Replies: 519 & Views: 68798    Font    Page 1 of 21  Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next          Reply

Att: Mr. Kumar. 7 year old, Belladonna, and P.A.N.D.A.S. By: TaraJoy

September 3 2013
Dear Mr. Kumar,

I hope you are well.
I originally felt this was perhaps too multifaceted for a busy forum and didn't want to commandeer all your attention; however, something has occurred and I am hopeful that you can shine your considerable light in my direction.

One evening (because I can't resist anything with the word "dog" in it) I opened the thread entitled "ear infection of my dog", and it immediately caught my eye that back in 2010 you had written: Belladonna (Specific for Streptococcus). I was inspired to give it to my daughter straightaway. The effect was absolutely brilliant.

One of the many things my 7 year old has been diagnosed with is P.A.N.D.A.S. (Pediatric Autoimmune Neuropsychiatric Disorders Associated with Streptococcal Infections - for anyone who is not familiar). She received the diagnosis at age 3. She did not have (and as far as I know, has never had) strep throat. That's why I didn't make a connection to Belladonna until I saw you write it that way. What I've typically seen is: "Belladonna for strep throat". Had you written that, instead of: "for streptococcus" I might have passed it by. I could just hug you for that (and the poor wee doggie too).

In accordance with your most common advice on dosing (I'm hoping I've got the way of it), I gave 3 doses of Belladonna 30C per day for 3 days.Within 10 minutes of the first dose, it was obvious that the child had been relieved of a huge burden. Every P.A.N.D.A.S. symptom (and she has them all) was gone. (I can imagine the scene, years on, when someone asks me about my happiest moment and I reply that it was when I gave my babe the deadly nightshade)!

On Days 4 and 5, I gave nothing and the status was the same. I haven't got much experience and couldn't think what to do next . Day 6 I gave Calc Carb 30 as I have heard it goes well with Bella. I hope I haven't spoiled things. Soon after, she was irritable and had a headache and a slight return of symptoms. I wasn't sure if I should stop and go back to Bella (higher potency?) but I continued with Calc Carb for a total of 3 times a day for 3 days. The headache went away but she did not return to quite as good a state as when she first had the Belladonna. I've seen you write that return of symptoms is a good sign? But again, I am out of my element. She is on no remedies as of this moment.

Here is what I would like to learn: what is Belladonna's action here? How long can it be used/repeated? What should be done for underlying predisposition? We got the PANDAS diagnosis long before I knew anything about homeopathy and we've mainly focused on improving immunity and the blood/brain barrier and things of that sort. We did not take any antibiotics or other allopathic treatments and did not specifically target the strep, as my perception was that it was not the root of the problem. It is also my perception that many other immune challenges (not just strep) trigger the problems. We haven't been focusing on this at all of late, as other problems have taken priority. But Belladonna found her way to us and I would like to hear the rest of her story.

I realize I'm not providing a great deal of information, and I am certain you are aware that I could fill a huge volume with symptoms, other medical problems, previous diagnoses, and details about my daughter. I am not sure what is important, here and have no wish to simply take up your time. Please, if it is at all within your power, ask me the relevant questions.

I've heard it said that the moment we name something is the moment we stop seeing it, and I have found this to be so. To me, all of these so-called psychiatric ailments exist on a continuum and my perception of my child is that she is only looking for a safe place to rest.

Our prior experience with homeopathy: worked with 2 homeopaths several years ago, both with disastrous results. For this reason, as well as financial, I am attempting to educate myself and have especially made use of the gems you have provided here...for example we have done some work with Thuja and Nat Mur and have been pleased with the subtle but significant improvements. I have no doubt that they have laid a foundation.
In the past, Calc Carb has led to headache and irritably the same as it did last week. I know this means something, but I don't know what. Acutely, we have occasionally used Nux, Arsencic, Nat Mur, and Pulsatilla to good effect. We use the wet dose.

*Notably, on two separate occasions, I gave her Cina for symptoms and probability of worms and the like, and both times she exhibited facial twitching and spasms very soon after the dose that hadn't been there previously. I later learned that Cina is an ingredient in combo remedy called "Tic Tamer" and I wondered if this was a proving and if so, what does that signify? (I did not give any further doses).

Thank you, Mr. Kumar, and thanks also to Dorcia for posting about her dog. I hope that he will be well. Please do not hesitate to suggest anything that comes to you; I can assure you that no matter how, what, where or when, I will see that it happens.

With kindness (and that hug),
TaraJoy

Re:Att: Mr. Kumar. 7 year old, Belladonna, and P.A.N.D.A.S. By: TaraJoy

September 3 2013
Forgot to include that we have also used Arnica, with the intention of addressing birth trauma.

September 5 2013
Elements of the PANDAS/OCD/anxiety remain as well as physical issues that I haven't even named here yet.

Thank you.

With kindness,
TaraJoy

Re:Att: Mr. Kumar. 7 year old, Belladonna, and P.A.N.D.A.S. By: udaya kumar
--

September 5 2013
Ailanthus Glandulosa,6C Sulphur 1M and Streptococcinum 200C may be looked into.

--

September 5 2013
I will look into these straight away.
Thank you.

September 9 2013
Dear Mr. Kumar,

I'm interested in all 3 remedies you mentioned -
Ailanthus Glandulosa,6C Sulphur 1M and Streptococcinum 200C.

Can you please tell me how to use them - are they intended as a "trio" of sorts? I haven't yet ventured into the less common remedies, the nosodes, and the 1M's.

Thank you so much for your time.

With kindness,
TaraJoy

--

September 9 2013
Start with single dose of Sulphur 1M. No other medicines for a couple of days. Start using Ailanthus Glandulosa 6C three times a day for three days. Watch benefits, report and if necessary use Streptococcinum 200C single dose as intercurrent remedy and according to the earlier evaluation of benefits
of ailanthus, continue or discontinue its use after Strepto...........

--

September 10 2013
Dear Mr. Kumar,

Thank you very much for your instructions. I called around to all the shops but had to order the remedies and it will be a few days. They have Sulphur, but not 1M, they have Ailanthus, but not 6c - and even the online shops are "sold out" of Streptococcinicum, like it's the next plague coming and I'm the last to know.

Meanwhile I'd just like to record what's happened since the Belladonna:
~3 days Belladonna - no OCD, no tics, no anxiety - very easy in her body
~2 days no remedies - same as above
~3 days Calc Carb (realize that was probably a mistake) - headache, irritable,
overstimulated, slight OCD but no tics
~ no remedies - trying new foods (previously severe food aversions), she now seems to
me like Pulsatilla (mild, accomodating, "I love you", even a bit clingy)
~becoming a bit anxious again
~now a return of VERY old behavior of wanting ice cold drinks (only lasts the day)
~ next day return of VERY old symptom of gross motor tic - suddenly dropping to the ground
in mid-step - about 40 times the day (1 day only) very restless
~next day return of old symptom of grimacing and squinting, still restless
~today a return of a more recent symptom (asking a question over and over) returned.
I gave Arsenicum as there is a cold virus going through the house and she seemed
like she might be starting with it. Grimacing, squinting, and restlessness and questions are reduced. Note that no specific RECENT symptoms have returned such as a major long standing one of going off her trolley if someone did not complete their sentence.
Thank you so much for your help.

With kindness,
Tara

--

September 10 2013
If Belladonna is helpful, it can be continued for longer time.....Tuberculinum and or phosphorus must be looked into where Belladonna is giving benefits.......Those three medicines were recommended on the basis of recorded cases of PANDA being benefited and not on individual symptoms or responses....the approach to homeopathy can be through systemic, organic, symptomatic, and when it comes to syndromes, and epidemic scales on the basis of snap shot remedies that have given benefits to such conditions in other cases......The question then comes in chosing the medicine first and checking whether it fits into the symptoms picture in the individual rather than case taking, collecting symptoms, repertorising and arriving at the medicines.

--

September 10 2013
Dear Mr. Kumar,
Bless you for bearing with me. I understand well what you're saying and I decided to go with the three medicines you originally recommended because if there is truly an issue with strep, I want to have a go at it.

I know this child's symptoms better than my own but I could reportorise all the livelong day and it's clear I'll never be a homeopath! There's no ending to what I could read on the internet and have a go with, but I continued to bide until I started reading your posts about Thuja and Nat Mur a few months back. I knew instantly this would work for us. It was the same with Belladonna.

The Ailanthus, Sulphur and Streptococcinum make sense to me and I intend to use them. But now the Tuberculinum and Phosphorus - well, they're just singing out to me. They're giving off a different energy and they're smiling and saying, "we're here for you - what are you waiting for?" Sure I'm looking the complete fool on a public forum, but so be it.

Anyway, I have to wait for the other three remedies to come, and my daughter has a slight cold now or maybe it's allergies. I do want to try the Belladonna again. I only didn't because I was intrigued by how things were playing out. Can you please tell me what potency of Bell and the maximum number of doses/days I can use it? (Should I try 200c)? Then I'll be needing to know what potency for Tuberc and Phos, and the instructions for them.

Meanwhile, I will soon fill out the questionnaire so we both have a reference and I'm not sending you round the bend with my rambling. If at all possible, please tell me what Tuberc and Phos have to do with Belladonna?

Thank you for helping me.

With kindness,
Tara

September 12 2013
Dear Mr. Kumar,
Today it was more old symptoms but still none of the most recent ones (the ones that originally cleared with the first of the Belladonna). It's like a strange journey to the past.
Unfortunately I can't know for sure what is homeopathy and what is being triggered by an immune challenge since she's got this cold.
I decided to give her Belladonna today. I succussed the 30C that I gave her earlier. I feel that it helped but not as dramatically as previously. Of course previously she was not having this flare up of old symptoms either. Meanwhile, the cold at least seems to be leaving. (Historically they hang on for months).

I hope all is going well with you .

With kindness,
Tara

September 12 2013
Just wanting to add:
I consulted Paul Herscu's "The Homeopathic Treatment of Children" (which I am not fond of) just to read about Tuberculinum and one of the first things he discusses is midline anomalies and bone and cartilage deformities, and later, small dental arch and crowded teeth. You'll recall me having the chiari malformation. I've never had my daughter checked for it but I am one of 8 children (yes, I was born in Ireland!) and 3 of us know we have it. We're also renowned for having had perfect pearls for baby teeth and then going to horrid crooked permanent teeth with the dentist telling us our mouths never grew. Unfortunately my daughter is falling into this pattern as well. Haven't looked Phosphorus over yet - if I find anything interesting I will let you know. Either way, I'll be using them both unless you tell me otherwise.
Thank you!

--

September 12 2013
Dear TaraJoy,
I am still committed to the earlier three medicines......Phosphorus and Tuberculinum were suggestions to look into after PANDA factor is cleared based on the premise that the cause is streptococcus infection.Now, thinking in terms of strepto, at skin level streptococcus manifest in red colour with a head and a tail as a kind of rash.....and thus the important medicines of value there would be Belladonna, Rhus Tox, or Apis mel. Since Bell is giving her benefit, it should be understood that the theory of streptococcus behind PANDA is holding water.....When any malformation in the bones or brittleness of bones or dystrophe of the bones are the primary symptoms, the first medicine is Phosphorus, that includes chiary malformations, spinal bifida and the like of ailments including pegion chest, kyphosis, scoliosis, etc. The metabolism is at fault, the liver is at fault, other endocrine glands are at fault, and phosphorus works well in those areas. When such cases or autoimmune ailments or syndromes are staring at anyone, there should certainly be a genetic background, and that is where the Tuberculinum comes in play......Unless that genetic predisposition is resolved or neutralized or removed, the tendency for the ailment to relapse and come back with more force are always there........So it has to be a multifaceted approach rather than a this for that approach, we have to approach holistically visualizing the complete dynamics. with regards, udaya

--

September 12 2013
Dear Udaya,
It so happens Sulphur 1M just arrived in the post and I can start that tomorrow, wait a few days, at which time the Ailanthus will also be here, and then hopefully the Strepto. will have arrived.

To be sure, I'm only interested in approaching holistically and completely. I will study the rest of what you've said here and report back after Sulphur.

Meanwhile, it truly seems that this return of old symptoms is the healing at work, and not just a new flare up, as I feared. It's hard to define, but the symptoms have a different quality to them than the original version - you can almost feel like you're watching the film in reverse. And my daughter is looking startled when she has a symptom - like she's saying, "Where did THAT come from?" Earlier, there was none of that, and the symptoms were more entrenched, more part of her overall condition. Just my musings...

With thanks and kindest regards,
TaraJoy

--

September 14 2013
Certainly reverse symptoms is curative...and should be welcomed wholeheartedly.....

--

September 14 2013
---

September 16 2013
Dear Udaya,
I hope you are well.
For the record: Sulphur 1M will be given today.
I held off on it over the weekend as I was fearing I might have gone a bit heavy handed with the Belladonna. Not sure I would recognize "aggravation" if I saw it but I gave her a dose of Pulsatilla (also for the end stage of her cold). Then yesterday she suffered a wee shock/grief and I just let her be. Had Ignatia to hand but will watch and wait, as usual.

She wants to know what I'm doing all the time on the computer lately so I tried to explain about the forum and that 'Mr. Kumar is helping us even though we haven't seen him'. She said, " Ohhhhh...so he's the Wizard of Oz, then."

With kind regards,
TaraJoy

--

September 16 2013
" So sweet!!! Hugs"

What a brilliant child........that she is assuming that you are asking me to grant you those wishes which I am incapable of.....to think that those who lack belief in themselves are willing participants in a regimen of deceptions and allowed to be ruled by manipulative figures..... or was it that she was suggesting that I should select medicines from the alphabets between O to Z...........OZ. OZ OZ......or is it the mother's thoughts that replaced the childs' !!!???...............

--

September 17 2013
Dear Udaya,

Funnily enough, all of your scenarios are plausible!

Thank you for the compliment; she is indeed a brilliant child, and if she ever smiles at you, you'll fast find yourself granting those wishes you believed you were incapable of.

With kindest regards,

TaraJoy

--

September 17 2013
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

One for the moocow, one for the lemon platts, one for wetting the bed, one for the mother and one for the baby tuckoo.....because she reminds me of Stephen Dedalus.......... and the story goes for my sweet little girl to hear:

once upon a time and a very good time it was there was a road and this moocow that was coming down along the road met a nicens little boy named baby tuckoo
His father told him that story: his father looked at him through a glass: he had a hairy face.

He was baby tuckoo. The moocow came down the road where Betty Byrne lived: she sold lemon platt.
O, the wild rose blossoms
On the little green place.

He sang that song. That was his song.
O, the green wothe botheth.

When you wet the bed first it is warm then it gets cold. His mother put on the oilsheet. That had the queer smell.
His mother had a nicer smell than his father. She played on the piano the sailor's hornpipe for him to dance. He danced:

Tralala lala,
Tralala tralaladdy,
Tralala lala,
Tralala lala.

Uncle Charles and Dante clapped. They were older than his father and mother but uncle Charles was older than Dante.
Dante had two brushes in her press. The brush with the maroon velvet back was for Michael Davitt and the brush with the green velvet back was for Parnell. Dante gave him a cachou every time he brought her a piece of tissue paper.

The Vances lived in number seven. They had a different father and mother. They were Eileen's father and mother. When they were grown up he was going to marry Eileen. He hid under the table. His mother said:
-- O, Stephen will apologize.
Dante said:
-- O, if not, the eagles will come and pull out his eyes.--
Pull out his eyes,
Apologize,
Apologize,
Pull out his eyes.

Apologize,
Pull out his eyes,
Pull out his eyes,
Apologize.

The wide playgrounds were swarming with boys. All were shouting and the prefects urged them on with strong cries. The evening air was pale and chilly and after every charge and thud of the footballers the greasy leather orb flew like a heavy bird through the grey light. He kept on the fringe of his line, out of sight of his prefect, out of the reach of the rude feet, feigning to run now and then. He felt his body small and weak amid the throng of the players and his eyes were weak and watery. Rody Kickham was not like that: he would be captain of the third line all the fellows said.
Rody Kickham was a decent fellow but Nasty Roche was a stink. Rody Kickham had greaves in his number and a hamper in the refectory. Nasty Roche had big hands. He called the Friday pudding dog-in-the-blanket. And one day be had asked:
-- What is your name?
Stephen had answered:
Stephen Dedalus.

If you read this contrapunctally, you would know what I am trying to convey.... with regards and best wishes. Smile Smile Smile

--

September 18 2013
Dear Udaya,

I recall falling in love with this saying a long while back, and I think it is for you:
"When God means you to be a healer he sends you patients; when he makes you a teacher he sends you pupils; when he destines you to be a Master he sends you stories".

Thank you so much for the tale, and the smiles, and the memories! I'm thinking you can't know how prophetic and insightful you are. (Can you)?

With kindness,

TaraJoy
“Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother's love is not."

September 18 2013
Dear Udaya,

My daughter had the Sulphur 1m Monday at 10am. She's been much better since then - no tics - and the anxiety/OCD etc that had been creeping back in was much less. More easy going and smiling. In addition, she seems to be in the process of taking some normal developmental strides. Please advise if/when I should start her on the Ailanthus 6C.

From your post of 9/12/13:
" Since Bell is giving her benefit, it should be understood that the theory of streptococcus behind PANDA is holding water...."

Is there anything more you can tell me about that? I did my best and I'm sorry it's gone over my head.

Thank you for your help.
With kindness,
TaraJoy

September 19 2013
Perhaps I spoke too soon.
Baby Tuckoo is hyper and bouncing off the walls tonight.
Maybe it's the full moon coming....

--

September 19 2013
I am humbled.....Anthony must be smiling....
I could expect such honour only from Irish Poetic sensibility........Yes the milk of kindness is overwhelmingly unique and next to divinity......

Wait for the waning moon....that seems right and pronounced......Sulphur is fire and when fire is controlled water could rise and high tides in the body is a possibility......with Moon as arbitrator.

About Belladonna....The main feature of Belladonna is HEAT, COLOUR AND INFLAMMATION. When Streptococcus invades, naturally there is an infection, and therefore an inflammation, and Red Colour. All Bell colours are Red......Another medicine with similar features is Apis Mel. where swelling, shining, pitting are prominent in addition.
So when there is red colour anywhere in the body, Bell and Apis have to be thought about......ofcourse there are other medicines, but the first thought because almost all diseases in human beings( I used the word "disease"because diseases have external cause accepted and received by the body to flourish to that state of morbidity........ and in common diseases (at variance from modern disorders), there is always a common cause and a common medicine.....Bell and Apis are very common medicines useful to variety of common diseases and ailments.

Our theory was that one of the causes that could contribute to PANDA is the inflammations caused somewhere in the brain area by the Streptococcus. I have also said that streptococcus infection when surfaced to skin level manifests similar to a red scratch with a head. And if a red scratch of read colour is present all over the body, what would be our first thought as Medicine in Homeopathy......It would certainly zero down on Belladonna. Belladonna has great affenity with Phosphorus and Tuberculinum/Bacillinum.... Phosphorus and Belladonna are the main medicines when streptococcus invades the larynx to manifest as laryngitis...or consequent otitis.

From these inferences, the inverse conclusion that if Belladonna is working in a case as theorised, then the theory that Strepto could be behind the so called PANDA should prove true.......

with regards.

--

September 20 2013
Baby Tuckoo is doing well today. Hindsight being what it is, she could have really used Belladonna some years back. (though maybe not as much as the Calc Carb, if I'd have only known). I looked up a picture of the strep rash and I'm certain she had it in the past and there was a lot of redness in general at other times. We're dealing with the so-called PANDAS for nearly 5 years now. In some ways PANDAS may not be the biggest issue we have but coming across Belladonna was a bit of serendipity, and as you've explained, maybe it will lead us to a conclusion. If not, at least we've tried. As to inflammation, sure there's no doubt about that.

Other Bell symptoms she has are severe photo phobia/dilated pupils, and problems with temperature changes (warm to cold gives us mania, cold to warm, lethargy. It's quite dramatic and was so before we heard of PANDAS). You already know about the bed wetting and lemon loving....tralala lala.

I'm glad to hear of Bell's affinity for Phosphorous as I know it's desperately needed for her severe low tone and more. I'm intrigued by your talk of Apis, and after reading about it, it might prove even more interesting than Bell. I noticed: "dreams of travelling long distances; dreams of flying far in the air; dreams that he made journeys in great leaps through the air". Daedalus! I also think she might be retaining urine at times. (Are bed wetting and urine retention mutually exclusive)? I didn't want to copy it all here but what Vithoulkas writes about the "awkwardness" under Apis is of huge interest to me.

Meanwhile, thanks for everything, and I'll see you at the waning moon....
With kindness,
TaraJoy

Page 1 of 21
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.