Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Ayurvedic oil pulling w/ coconut oil
Started by: Sonia Wise & Well at May 3 2011

Replies: 10 & Views: 5150    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

Ayurvedic oil pulling w/ coconut oil By: Sonia Wise & Well
Gainesville, FL

May 3 2011
Friends of mine have been doing this Ayurvedic practice. It is apparently a powerful de-toxifier and is extremely good for gums and teeth, a dentist told one person her gums are now so healthy,bay's gums! I plan to start myself soon:

Step 1: First thing in the morning, on an empty stomach, and before drinking any liquids (including water), pour exactly one tablespoon of coconut oil into your mouth. Use one teaspoon for children old enough to be able to swish it without swallowing it – most sources suggest an age of five. If you wear dentures, oil pulling is done with the dentures out of your mouth. Some people choose to accelerate oil pulling’s effects by doing the procedure two or three times per day. It should be done before meals or several hours after a meal, on an empty stomach.

Step 2: Swish the oil around in your mouth (without swallowing it) for about twenty minutes. Move it around in your mouth and through your teeth. Sip and suck it through the teeth. Use a gentle chewing motion from time to time. Don’t tilt your head back to gargle. Keep swishing. If your cheek or jaw muscles get sore while swishing, you are putting too much effort into it. Relax your jaw muscles and use your tongue to help move the liquid around the inside of your mouth. When you do this correctly, you will feel very comfortable. Soon it will become second nature. You will find that the oil starts to get watery during the first minutes, as your saliva mixes with it.

Step 3: As the end of the oil pulling session approaches, the oil/saliva mixture in your mouth becomes thicker. This is quite normal, since it is pulling out toxins form your body. When twenty minutes are up, spit out the oil into the toilet. (It is best if you do not spit into the sink.) Do not be alarmed if it looks yellow or whitish – this also is normal

Step 4: Rinse out your mouth twice with warm water. and spit into the toilet. One method is to rinse and spit with diluted hydrogen peroxide. Once again, do not swallow. The hydrogen peroxide is very effective in rinsing out any toxins or organisms which may be left in the mouth.

Step 5 : Brush your teeth. Use a damp toothbrush with a small amount of baking soda. A small amount goes a long way, and minimizes the abrasive effect of the baking soda. The baking soda will normalize the pH of the mouth.

Hippocrates Pure Food-Grade Extra Virgin Organic Coconut Oil (undeodorised, unbleached, unhydrogenated, unrefined, cold-pressed) is available at
www.hippocrates.com.au/coconut.htm

Re:Ayurvedic oil pulling w/ coconut oil By: bharat
india

May 4 2011
Hi,
coconut oil is widely used in india especially in kerala state as for edible oil and the keralian found to be very healthy by brain and body and 100%,literacy
i think it should be due to coconut oil
in our maharastra state coconut oil is used only to apply the hairs
whenever we go to kerala we carry graundnut oil for prepairing our food the food made up of coconut oil can,t be eaten due to foul smell
bharat.........

Re:Ayurvedic oil pulling w/ coconut oil By: udaya kumar
--

May 4 2011
Dear Bharat,

"coconut oil can,t be eaten due to foul smell "?????????.

Coconut oil has no foul smell. You might have been using foul smelling coconut oil which are quite impure and cheap form sometimes used for oil massage. Refined coconut oil has to be used for cooking and drinking which is virgin. The whole of Kerala uses coconut oil as staple food ingredient throughout year without fail and relish all food prepared in coconut oil. In fact, it would be more accurate to say that the people of Kerala may not relish food without coconut or coconut oil in it.

It would be right to say that the smell of coconut may not be liked by the people who are not used to it. It is also inversely correct to say that the smell of ground nut oil, linseed oil and mustard oil are not liked by people who are not used to it. To generalise that the smell of coconut oil is foul is inappropriate.
with regards.

--

india

May 6 2011
Res sir dr uday kumar,

you are right sir that i should not use the word foul but sir

in our state cococnut oil is used only for apply the hairs and it has a typical smell

we have the habit of groundnut oil or sunflower oil,s smell so it get irrited to eat that oil

a kerlianfamily lives behind my relative
when they give some food to other people noone likes thst due to that typical smell

i think it was due to the concept in our mind that coconut oil is used only for hairs

bharat..........

Re:Ayurvedic oil pulling w/ coconut oil By: udaya kumar
--

May 6 2011
Dear Mr. Bharat,
Good and bad are relative terminology. What is good for you may be bad for others and what is bad for others may be good for you. In a public forum like this one need be careful that one do not hurt the sentiments and feelings of a large community of people, whoever they are, and one should be focusing more on treatments and medicines and health rather than prides and prejudices. With warm regards.

--

india

May 7 2011
O K SIR

i will remember this

bharat.........

Re: Ayurvedic oil pulling w/ coconut oil By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

May 8 2011
I am indeed surprised that no one up to now, has questioned the poster Sonia Wise who is promoting a so called Ayurvedic practice of flushing the mouth with Coconut Oil. This is the first time that I have ever heard of this practice and the surprise is that this flushing procedure is recommended for 20 minutes which I for one would find absolutely impossible to endure.

I live in Sri Lanka where there are millions of Coconut Trees and I also owned a Coconut Estate of 685 acres up to 1972 when it was taken over by the government under the Land Reform Act. I am 82 years of age and was responsible for the maintenance and running of this estate up to the take over. I am aware of the many uses of Coconut and the Oil extracted from the kernels of the nuts but have never encountered the news recorded by this poster who I believe is doing so to promote sales of the Coconut oil from the company that is listed in the last line of her post where 2 liters of Coconut oil are available at $80 which is about 2000% above the price that this same oil is marketed in Sri Lanka where a liter of virgin oil is sold at Rs200 or $1.82.

It seems unfair and unethical to use a Homeopathic Forum such as this to advertise this hair brained 'therapy' which can result in serious health problems if used by anyone merely because it was advertised here.

I consider that swishing Coconut oil in the mouth is of no use whatever as it will emulsify with the saliva which will render the oil/saliva emulsion to be a yellowish colour which has no bearing to the cleansing action referred to by the poster. It has absolutely no bearing on the reported "since it is pulling out toxins form your body"

This is utter rubbish.

She further recommends that diluted Hydrogen Peroxide is used to flush the mouth and this can lead to other problems which will depend on the ratio of the dilution which an unsuspecting person can use as this chemical is highly corrosive and is not to be lightly used by persons who are not aware of the danger of using more than a few drops of the H202 diluted in a glass of water when in any case it will not have any effect on the cleansing action.

It is my hope that the owners of this Forum will realize the danger of permitting posts of this nature as it can lead to consequences that are dangerous to the user and take suitable action.

Joe De Livera
Colombo
Sri Lanka

Re:Ayurvedic oil pulling w/ coconut oil By: Sonia Wise & Well
Gainesville, FL

May 11 2011
Thanks for all the feedback.

I hav not tried this - but a respected therapist who helps me with neuro-muscular therapy is doing this & she says it is helping her gums, teeth & health. The dentist of a respected therapist where I live who has been doing it for a short time was very impressed with how healthy her gums were ("like a baby's").

A forum like this allows ANYONE to post without qualification, so "caveat emptor" (people should understand we are NOT experts!).

If someone hates the smell of coconut oil, why shouldn't they say it? It's just personal experience. Should we be censoring ourselves or others?

If someone doesn't like my post, that's OK with me. It was a suggestion from someone
I respect, so I found a website which described the process.

A good debate can teach everyone involved many things!

This forum is for people to post their questions, experiences & suggestions, so lets keep it interesting.

I just spent a wonderful week at a warm mineral springs which was very healing & relaxing.

Wishing everyone lots of health & happiness.

~~ Sonia

Re:Ayurvedic oil pulling w/ coconut oil By: Sonia Wise & Well
Gainesville, FL

May 11 2011
Thanks Joe for pointing out about hydrogen peroxide - good point - & for all the feedback.

I have not tried this - but a respected therapist who helps me with neuro-muscular therapy is doing this & she says it is helping her gums, teeth & health. The dentist of another respected therapist where I live who has been doing it for a very short time was very impressed with how healthy her gums were ("like a baby's").

A forum like this allows ANYONE to post without qualification, so "caveat emptor" (people should understand we are NOT all experts!).

If someone hates the smell of coconut oil, why shouldn't they say it? It's just personal experience. Should we be censoring ourselves or others?

If someone doesn't like my post, that's OK with me. It was a suggestion from someone
I respect, so I found a website which described the process.

A good debate can teach everyone involved many things!

This forum is for people to post their questions, experiences & suggestions, so lets keep it interesting.

I just spent a wonderful week at a warm mineral springs which was very healing & relaxing.

Wishing everyone lots of health & happiness.

~~ Sonia

Re:Ayurvedic oil pulling w/ coconut oil By: hebbmianyi@hotmail.com

August 2 2012
Easy Tips For Women Who Are Trying to Get Pregnant After Miscarriage
Some couples believe that trying to get pregnant after miscarriage must be very difficult decision because they can't get over the pain of losing the baby. However, some women want to get pregnant again. The most important thing that you need to keep in mind is that it was not your fault for your miscarriage. Many women also thought that what happened was caused by something they did.
How Can You Predict Ovulation When Planning To Conceive A Girl Or Boy Baby?
A Combination Of The Above:Many people will use both of the above methods at the same time. Some will take their basal temperature in the morning and then attempt to gauge their cervical mucus when they shower. The hope is that they will see the rise in temperature at the same time as the mucus becomes opaque, clear and stretchy.
Using Ovulation Predictors To Get Distinct Positives Or Negatives:If I am being honest, this is by far the method that I know to be the most reliable. The reason for this is that the results do not depend on the user's ability to interpret the data. There is a lot of room for error when you are trying to notice small changes. However, with ovulation predictors, there is usually either a very clear negative or positive result that doesn't require for you to observe or interpret very much. This leaves a much smaller margin of error. And accuracy is so important when just a few hours can make the difference between a boy or a girl baby.
The Method Are The Same Regardless Of Your Desired Gender. But Things Can Get Tricky When You're Trying For A Girl:Gauging your ovulation works in the same way regardless of if you are trying for a girl or a boy. Your body changes as it approaches ovulation and your body has no idea whether you will be trying for a boy or girl. However, where your desired baby gender comes into play is that it is easier to use these methods to determine when ovulation has occurred. And this is ideal for a boy baby. In other words, a positive result for any of the above is telling you that the conditions are ideal for a boy baby. It's desirable to have sex after ovulation when you want a boy. But, for a girl you need to pinpoint the days that lead up to ovulation. This can be tricky when you are using the basal temperature or the cervical mucus methods. Yes, it's sometimes possible to see very minute changes before ovulation occurs, but I believe this process is easier if you use a saliva ovulation predictor. However, if you have done any method for several months and are noticing that you're ovulating on the same day each month, then it becomes easier to predict ovulation ahead of time if you're trying for a daughter.
So to answer the question posed, regardless of which gender you want, then you will need to use some method to determine when your hormones rise in order to ready your body for ovulation. People do this in various ways including the above. The key is that no matter what method you use, you be very consistent in it. And it helps greatly if you give it a few months so you can pinpoint the patterns of your individual cycle.
http://www.clinictime.net/Getting-Pregnant-After-Miscarriage.html

Re:Ayurvedic oil pulling w/ coconut oil By: bell

September 18 2017
Respected all on the forum

Would like to know if doing oil pulling and removing the toxins is equivalent to ayurveda Ama toxins removing the toxins.

Any advice for the forum members will be very helpful
thank you

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.