Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

BIRDS AND ANIMALS NEED YOU THIS SUMMER.
Started by: udaya kumar at April 14 2011

Replies: 7 & Views: 2442    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

BIRDS AND ANIMALS NEED YOU THIS SUMMER. By: udaya kumar
--

April 14 2011
Summer is around and it is going to be equally harsh to the animals around us. Just a reminder! Have you forgotten to keep the bowl of fresh water out side your balcony or in the garden?

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

--

Re:BIRDS AND ANIMALS NEED YOU THIS SUMMER. By: earth

April 14 2011
How true, Dr. Udaya! Thanks for the reminder.

Regards,
Earth

Re:BIRDS AND ANIMALS NEED YOU THIS SUMMER. By: Sonia Wise & Well
Gainesville, FL

April 14 2011
Thanks, Udaya

I remember a family friend who put bowls of milk out for hedgehogs in the Winter in England. Animals have so much to teach.

I know a cat who gives me so much love when I visit - he survived a vicious attack by dogs, smashing his rib cage which did not heal properly: Later he dislocated his shoulder & went through lots of surgery, drugs & pain, nearly losing it because the vet treated it incorrectly.

He has recovered now, he is a happy animal, limping with dignity - an inspiration to me!
All well!

~~ Sonia

Re:BIRDS AND ANIMALS NEED YOU THIS SUMMER. By: Pat2011

April 15 2011
Yes, so right on, Udaya.

Animals have taught me to have a soft heart. I grew up without pets so I was deprived of it growing up. So as an animal lover as an adult that is what I have learned.

All animals need our help year round. We have taken away their food source and their homes. I have a doggie door and most cats come here to seek refuge from the bad weather and for food.

Last summer, I visted a health club and saw a little squarrel looking for food. I saw him eating leaves. I couldn't help feeling so bad that humans took away his home and built a health club on it.

When it is raining, the birds come here begging for food. Usually, when it rains it is also windy here. And the wind is extremely hard on the birds. They really hate the rain.

Re:BIRDS AND ANIMALS NEED YOU THIS SUMMER. By: bharat
india

April 15 2011
Res All
wow !!!!!!!!!!!
this is very good idea i never thought
now the temperature of my district is 43 c and soon it will reach 49 c.
i have put a pot outside my home for people who came for marketing and for my patients but i had never idea to water the birds i will soon arrange that

GOD IS EVERYWHERE ESPECIALLY IN THEM WHO CAN NOT TALK

April 15 2011
I would also beg everyone to please plant trees and shrubs with berries, fruit or nuts so that the animals can have something to eat.

Fruit trees come in a variety of sizes and are maintenance free. Trees like persimmon trees do not require pruning and a 3 year old tree only needs to be fertilized once a year. Some trees won't grow taller than 6 feet. Some will grow to `12 feet and some to 30 feet.

My neighbor bought some fruit trees on sale for $2.00 (two dollars) each.

Please put a rock in your water bowl to keep the wind from blowing away.

Please plant flowers for the hummingbirds and butterflies

Each summer I watch as the birds eat of a little berry tree that is no taller than 6 feet that sits on the corner.

Available are also 3-in-1 or 4-in-1 fruit trees. That is a tree that grows a variety of apples, pears or peaches on just one tree and the season for the fruit runs longer as a result.

Re:BIRDS AND ANIMALS NEED YOU THIS SUMMER. By: davendrak
Dublin, Ohio, USA

April 15 2011
Resp. All
My birds remind me if I am late even by a few seconds to 8 AM. I feed them with rice grains every morning.I like them come together, at least 25 of them; their chir chir sound.feel very satisfied.
Davendra

April 15 2011
Do some research and plant flowers that not only the birds and butterflies can partake of but that you can also use to make homeopathic mother tinctures. There are websites on the internet that teach how to make mother tinctures. Some flowers are edible also.

Someone on Ebay sells 100 plus seeds for $2.00 together with shipping for Hummingbird trumpet which grows fast. But use an old discarded stainless steel or aluminum pot to plant it in as it can break the sewer system and cement.

Sunflowers can give us all sunflower seeds, but find a variety that grows medium sized sunflower seeds so that little beaks can break them open.

Yes, birds and all animals are great company. And they all have healing abilities as well which will help us when we are sick.

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.