and More

Materia Medica : 
Contact us    Learn Homeopathy by Quiz    Site map

Sign up is free
About Dose
About Potency
Make A Medicine
Cell/Biochemic Salts
Bach Flower Remedies
Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Ammonium Bromatum
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

MICROWAVE - must read.
Started by: udaya kumar at March 4 2010

Replies: 3 & Views: 2686    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

MICROWAVE - must read. By: udaya kumar
March 4 2010
Dear members,
This is what I received in my mail. You may like to read it and give the technical accuracy to verify its truthfulness.

"Micro waved water - a MUST read

A 26-year old decided to have a cup of coffee. He took a cup of water and put it in the microwave to heat it up (something that he had done numerous times before). I am not sure how long he set the timer for, but he told me he wanted to bring the water to a boil. When the timer shut the oven off, he removed the cup from the oven. As he looked into the cup, he noted that the water was not boiling, but instantly the water in the cup 'blew up' into his face. The cup remained intact until he threw it out of his hand but all the water had flown out into his face due to the build up of energy. His whole face is blistered and he has 1st and 2nd degree burns to his face, which may leave scarring. He also may have lost partial sight in his left eye. While at the hospital, the doctor who was attending to him stated that this is fairly common occurrence and water (alone) should never be heated in a microwave oven. If water is heated in this manner, something should be placed in the cup to diffuse the energy such as: a wooden stir stick, tea bag, etc. It is however a much safer choice to boil the water in a teakettle.

General Electric's (GE) response:

Thanks for contacting us. I will be happy to assist you. The e-mail that you received is correct. Microwaved water and other liquids do not always bubble when they reach the boiling point. They can actually get superheated and not bubble at all. The superheated liquid will bubble up out of the cup when it is moved or when something like a spoon or tea bag is put into it. To prevent this from happening and causing injury, do not heat any liquid for more than two minutes per cup. After heating, let the cup stand in the microwave for thirty seconds before moving it or adding anything into it.

If you pass this on ..... you could very well save someone from a lot of pain and suffering."

With best wishes.


Re:MICROWAVE - must read. By: davendrak
Dublin, Ohio, USA
March 5 2010
THANK you Udaya ji for this very important information as most of use microwave for tea or coffee. This may happen to any one any time. We must take care of this message.
with greetings,

Re:MICROWAVE - must read. By: garcot
March 5 2010
Infact, I don't use it at all for many reasons. The frequencies used ( radiation) can cause many other health problems, as it modifies the very nature of the food and the way it works in humans.

Microwaves can seriously deplete the nutrients in food. It's not surprising that microwave heating of food results in losses of nutrients because all heating methods have a similar effect. However, microwave heating appears to produce the greatest losses.

Microwaves may also cause pathological changes in our bodies. Once the structure of a food is altered, it is unable to perform the desired function in our bodies. Clinical studies have shown that microwave heating of milk or cooking of vegetables is associated with a decline in hemoglobin levels. Will that kill you? Probably not. Is it good for you? I doubt it. These reductions may contribute to anemia, thyroid deficiency, and rheumatism.

It is assumed that no chemical effects can be detectable in microwaved nutrients. Hwever, histological studies (1) with microwaved broccoli and carrots have revealed that the molecular structures of nutrients are deformed by high-frequency reversal of polarity, even up to the point of destroying the cell walls, whereas in conventional cooking the cell structures remained intact.

Microwaving may even result in the development of new, hitherto unknown substances. The microwaves-induced reversal of the polarity causes the cells in the nutrients to become destructively polarized, possibly allowing for the creation of free radicals (1). All free radicals have a strong tendency to cause reactions. They can interact with enzymes thus causing a disruption of biological processes.

One can read some more details here:



"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

Re:MICROWAVE - must read. By: garcot
March 5 2010
is Killing People!

By Stephanie Relfe B.Sc. (Sydney)

Microwave cooking is one of the most important causes of ill health. It is certainly one of the most ignored.

There was a lawsuit in 1991 in Oklahoma. A woman named Norma Levitt had hip surgery, but was killed by a simple blood transfusion when a nurse "warmed the blood for the transfusion in a microwave oven!"

Logic suggests that if heating is all there is to microwave cooking, then it doesn't matter how something is heated. Blood for transfusions is routinely warmed, but not in microwave ovens. Does it not therefore follow that microwaving cooking does something quite different?

A little evidence of the harm caused by microwaving cooking was given by the University of Minnesota in a radio announcement:

"Microwaves ... are not recommended for heating a baby's bottle. The bottle may seem cool to the touch, but the liquid inside may become extremely hot and could burn the baby's mouth and throat... Heating the bottle in a microwave can cause slight changes in the milk. In infant formulas, there may be a loss of some vitamins. In expressed breast milk, some protective properties may be destroyed.... Warming a bottle by holding it under tap water or by setting it in a bowl of warm water, then testing it on your wrist before feeding, may take a few minutes longer, but it is much safer".

Please read the complete article here:



"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.