Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

BAEL (AEGLE MARMELOS) AND MIRACLES.
Started by: udaya kumar at February 20 2010

Replies: 16 & Views: 19557    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

BAEL (AEGLE MARMELOS) AND MIRACLES. By: udaya kumar
--

February 20 2010
Bael (Aegle Marmelos)Vilam Palam (tamil விளாம் பழம்),Bilva, Bilwa, Bel, Kuvalam, Koovalam (in Malayalam), Madtoum, or Beli fruit, Bengal quince, stone apple,Maredu (in Telugu), and wood apple. The tree, which is the only species in the genus.Sanskrit names:Bilva,Śalātu, Hṛdyagandha, Karkaṭa,Samirasāraka,Śivadruma,Triśikha, Śiveṣhṭa, Dūrāruha, Lakṣmī phala, Śalya, Mahākapithya etc

is one of the Divyoushada (Divine Medicine) of Ayurveda. The tree comes under the 10 great trees of medicinal value. Its leaves are said to please even Shiva if used for ebulition on Shiva Linga. It is a great medicine for Diabetis, Diarrhea, Detoxification, skin ailments,Asthma, cold,fever. In its fruit, the folowing are abundant Contains Embratorium A and Embratorium B act against intestinal worms. Riboflavin, Pepsin, Tanin, Resin, Sugar, Evaporative oil, Marmelosin (alkaloid) Marmin (alkaloid), Sodium, Pottassium, Calcium carbonate, Ejilin (alkaloid).

See if there is any explanation for this unsual behaviour of a Serpent?

http://www.mangaloremithr.com/news/story.aspx?News-ID=7421

regards.

--

Re:BAEL (AEGLE MARMELOS) AND MIRACLES. By: ktsuda
Sri Lanka

February 21 2010
Dear Udaya
The wood apple and Vivam(Tamil) are slightly different types of fruits.Pl see links below
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limonia_%28plant%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aegle_marmelos

http://hettiarachchi.tripod.com/belli.html

The wood apple is common in Sri Lanka. Vilvam or Belli as it is called here is also found in many places.
Many Shiva temples in Sri Lanka have this Tree .There is a huge tree in our house and many people in this area come here for the fruit and leaves
During seasons we make juice from the fruit and consume.Its good for both constipation and diarrhea. When I built the house I ensured the tree is safe

I think what you are referring to is Vilvam and not the wood apple
Rgds

ktsuda

Re:BAEL (AEGLE MARMELOS) AND MIRACLES. By: udaya kumar
--

February 21 2010
I am talking about Aegle marmelos, the second link you have provided is correct.

The wood apple is "Kapiktha jambo phalasarabhakshitham" as said in praise of Vigneshwara is Kapiktha which is liked by Kapis or Monkeys is a wild fruit. Wood apple therefore is a wild variety of it, which is not for human consumption.

--

Re:BAEL (AEGLE MARMELOS) AND MIRACLES. By: girilal
New Jersey USA

February 22 2010
Any time I am in Himalayas in June, this fruit is plenty in the external hot hills. Fruits are always lying on the roads. So I eat'em. It is pungent and tasteless or slightly sweet, the little mountain variety.

girilal

Re:BAEL (AEGLE MARMELOS) AND MIRACLES. By: muhammad_muhammad

November 22 2010
Dr. Udaya do you know what is a LING,like people call as shiv LING,
TO inform you that LING means Penis,now you decide.

Re:BAEL (AEGLE MARMELOS) AND MIRACLES. By: muhammad_muhammad

November 22 2010
So is it good to worship a Penis of SHIV
http://www.homeopathyandmore.com/forum/%5C%22javascript:emoticon(%27:lol:%27)%5C%22

Re:BAEL (AEGLE MARMELOS) AND MIRACLES. By: osteo

November 22 2010
people like you force people around the world to disrespect your religion as well. western world is already **** up with your attitude.. pls. don't disturb harm ony on this health forum..

Re:BAEL (AEGLE MARMELOS) AND MIRACLES. By: shuddha

November 22 2010
Dear Udaya,

It is not vilam palam in Tamil. It is vilva palam only. Vilam palam is quite different from vilva palam. I think you are referring only to the vilva palam, very sacred and great potency giver. It has got very great medicinal properties, utilised by Ayurveda. The word potency is used here in totally different meaning. It is not simply to perform sexual act. Basically it is the vital force to live and breath, or in short Prana. It gives the individual the power to tolerate the nonsense people create by their limited knowledge, just like what we see here.

Linga in Sanskrit is used for the Linga Sariram or Karana Sariram, the different bodies held by individual person. If someone says that I have only body and nothing more, is it not foolish? What about the mind? We are in homeopathy and we should know much better than others that we have a Vital body, Prana Sarira, which is in between physical and mental bodies. Beyond this we have the supra-mental body or Vijnana Sarira.

Lord Siva is not a body made of flesh and bone. It is the Ultimate knowledge which percolates through several layers or bodies of human beings as happiness. Even a smallest particle of that happiness is billion times more than sexual happiness, which is enjoyed only in a small period of time in human life, if the individual has some capacity to discern. Just imagine a person to be having heavy stomach pain or headache or joint pain or inability to move. Will he be able to enjoy sex? It is a very limited enjoyment, constrained to many conditions and ignorance. The real happiness is unbounded, unconditioned and transcends even the great DEATH. Because it is difficult to remember these lofty ideas, some icon has been created for Siva. Icon is only an icon and can at the most represent the Truth, though it cannot become the Truth. If you have a internet explorer icon in your computer desktop, it is the explorer program? Certainly not. It can invoke iexplorer.exe and give you the option of using explorer.

Sorry I went off the track. I think you mentioned only Vilva palam. Kapitha Palam is preferred by Elephants and so an offering to Lord Ganesha.

Shuddha

--

November 22 2010
Dear Shuddha,
I am certain you would be right as far as Tamil is concerned. Botanically it is of the family Ruteceae
Kingdom Plantae
Division Magnoliophyta
Class magnoliopsida
Order sapindales
Family rutaceae
Genus Aegle
Species marmelos

English : Bael tree, Holy fruit tree
Hindi : Bel, sirphal
Kannada : Belapatri
Malayalam : Kuvvalam Kulakam
Sanskrit : Vilvah Sivadrumah Sriphalah
Tamil : Kuvilam Vivam
Telugu : Bilvau, Maredu

It is also called Kuvilam in Tamil and Koovvalam in Malayalam. In ayurveda it is used for Cold, Fever, Asthma, Diabetis, Scabbies, worms, diarrhea. It has thorns in its branches and sub branches, The leaves are egg shaped and pointed at the end. The flowers are light green colour. The fruits are green when raw and becomes yellow when ripe.

It is a great medicines against poisons. with regards.

--

--

November 22 2010
Dear Muhammed,
Thank you for enlightening me with your knowledge. With warm regards.

--

Re:BAEL (AEGLE MARMELOS) AND MIRACLES. By: muruganrsa

November 23 2010
Dear Dr. Udaya,

Thanks for bringing this to the forum. This is a wonderful tree. We grow this in our backyard. My father used to tell us that the leaves purify blood, rejuvenate the system and cool the body. He used to dry the fruits, make a powder of the pulp and take regularly. We have dried leaves powder at home and used to take one fourth of teaspoon in the morning.

Regards,
Murugan

--

November 24 2010
Murugan,
It is said "where this tree rots, that place will be ruined"(Koovalam kettedam nashikkum).....considered as Mahavrksha. regards.

--

November 25 2010
Interesting. Thanks for the info.

Regards
Murugan

Sri Lanka

November 25 2010
Murugan,/Udaya
WE have a huge tree in our front yard. In season it gives more than hundred fruits very quickly, At this time we make juice from the fruit, we give the balance fruits to friends and neighbors. At best we have the fruits available for about a month or two
Is there a method of preserving some fruits and how are the leaves used.
My wife uses the leaves for pooja only
rgds

ktsuda

November 26 2010
Hello ktsuda,

Thanks. Good leaves can be plucked, washed, shade dried, powdered in a mixie and stored in a air tight container. You can take one fourth of a teaspoon daily morning in empty stomach with a glass of water. Break open the ripe fruits, dry it with the shell on and after drying, the pulp can be taken out and stored in a air tight container.

Regards,
Murugan

Sri Lanka

November 27 2010
Thanks Mr. Murugan

ktsuda

Re: BAEL (AEGLE MARMELOS) AND MIRACLES. By: cbrooke
def789

November 22 2011
It's very interesting for me to read bout the medicinal relevancy of this tree. I also have one in my backyard and I'm so happy with it! I remember when I got it, I used a postal flowers ( http://www.serenataflowers.com/flowers-by-post ) service to get it. And when I plant it into the earth I felt very proud. Smile

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.