Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

how to give up Valium addiction?
Started by: garcot at October 7 2008

Replies: 13 & Views: 7394    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

how to give up Valium addiction? By: garcot
Bangalore

October 7 2008
Will a few doses of Nux clear all the pathways to the brain created by valium, so that a patient can be treated from there on, based on his symptoms?

For me, potentised doses of the same anti-depressants, helped to get over the problem. But, this procedure is failing in the above case?

Why?

Are their other sustaining factors preventing a cure?

Please share your opinions.

Regards
Garcot

"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

Re:how to give up Valium addiction? By: udaya kumar
--

October 7 2008
Where Nux fails, Pulsatilla, Ignatia, Sulphur, Thuja, Nitric Acid, Ipec., Acid Phos, Bryonia, Arsenic Album, Phosphorus, Ammonium Carb etc. should work.

Valium (Diazepam) if used for withdrawal symptoms of alcohol, Nux, Avena Sativa and Ignatia should work. Pulsatilla works better than nux in withdrawals of alcohol and against side affects of antibiotics and allopathic medicines.

If side effects like, Drowsiness, dizziness, fatigue, constipation, blurred vision, or headache may occur- Nux Vomica, Phosphorus, Gelsemium, Arnica may be tried according to symptoms.

mental/mood changes, slurred speech, clumsiness, trouble walking, -Nux Vomica, Arnica, Pulsatilla,Gelsemium, Causticum, Croccus Sat.Ignatia, Tarentula. according to symptoms.

decreased/increased interest in sex, tremor, trouble urinating, sleep disturbances. to be treated according to symptoms.

stomach/abdominal pain, persistent nausea, vomiting, yellowing eyes or skin, dark urine, persistent sore throat or fever - Arsenic , Pulsatilla, Nux Vomica, Ipec.:

rash, itching, swelling, =Sulphur 200

--

Re:how to give up Valium addiction? By: garcot
Bangalore

October 7 2008
Thanks Udaya. There seems to be a hopelessness and sadness with lack of sleep when he tries to withdraw and after a while, when he takes his antidepressant, he becomes normal again. Looks like, a lack of something, which indicates it is a mineral remedy.

I will have a talk with this patient again.

Regards
Garcot

Re:how to give up Valium addiction? By: girilal
New Jersey USA

October 8 2008
I have used Belladonna for such problems. Or used it anytime when and addection to a sedative was to deal with.

Belladonna combined with Sulfur: ie one in morning and other in evening works even better. Say Sulfur once a week but Belladonna is one dose at each 2nd or 3rd day.

girilal

Bangalore

October 11 2008
Thanks Girilal. I will ask my friend to try out this combination. I think, Belladonna takes cares of Tubercular Miasm and Sulphur the rest 3 of the miasms. Makes sense to me. If this is the way nature works, then Sulphur , Calcarea Carb, Lyco one after the other should also help in high potencies.

Regards
Garcot

Re:how to give up Valium addiction? By: shuddha

October 13 2008
Dear Garcot,

Can I express my experience in this matter ? Basically, valium, call it 2 mg or 5mg addicts a person by sleeplessness. I analyzed the situation. The sleeplessness is caused more by being conscious of not taking it ( to the extent of 60% to 75%, depending on the individual's mental makeup). Also there is a feeling of NOT-WELLBEING. Only 25 to 40% the drug creates reaction. I have seen that Yoga works wonders in changing this situation. I do not mean only asans. Main stress is on Pranayam and meditation of simple nature.

The timing of Yoga is highly important, at least in this case. The individual should wake up early in the morning and should start doing Rhythmic exercises and Pranayam by 6 AM. The duration should not be less than half an hour. Then a simple meditation of Omkar (recite OM, preferable mentally and if not possible initially, Vaikhari rectation) for half an hour. (This is religion independent.. any one can practice) Evening at 6PM he must do yoga asans and simple Pranayam and this must be done both times only in open space, preferable in garden or where there are trees etc.. or in a park. If asans are not possible because of physical fitness, a long walk in the golden sun, until he perspires can be taken. Then take bath if possible and meditate for half an hour.
Avoid TV computer etc.. two hours before sleeping. Coffe, tea should be stopped after 5PM.
Depending on the individual's constitution, Kali Phos can be taken at night for a few days. Walnut is compulsory for all such patients, even thrice a day.
This formula has solved addiction to valium, tricyclics like Clonozepam, Resticlyn, amitriptilne etc.. I know doctors suggest caladium 30 or 200 in addition.

Sorry, If I am wrong.
Shuddha

Bangalore

October 14 2008
Dear Shuddha,

Thank you for the inputs from your experience. You are correct in your observation that the dependency is more in the mind though body is definitely affected. Melotonin levels needs to go up at night for the body to slip into slumber and this can happen only if certain suitable atmospheric conditions within and outside the body is available. And this is where, the relaxation techniques really aid in recovery. However, a battered mind, neither has the interest, enthusiasm or perseverance to correct itself and lacks this awareness.

I will certainly ask my friend to try out Kali Phos and Caladium. In my experience, potentised doses of the same anti-depressant works well, though it is very tricky and requirements adjustments of potencies and doses.

Regards
Garcot

Re: how to give up Valium addiction? By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

October 14 2008
Many patients to whom I had prescribed Arnica 30c in the Wet Dose taken just before bed have confirmed that they enjoyed a continuous deep sleep which they had never experienced before. You may like to know that I have taken Arnica since 1996 nightly and discovered this bonus which I believe is the reason for my sense of wellness at age 79 with a Blood Pressure of <120/80 Pulse 65 and a normal Lipid Profile.

It is possible that Arnica can come to the rescue of patients who are addicted to Vallium. Arnica has helped chronic smokers to QUIT as confirmed by those who have used it on this Forum.

It would be interesting to learn the response of anyone addicted to Vallium and other sleep inducing drugs if they switch over to a dose of Arnica before going to bed.

Bangalore

October 14 2008
Thank you Joe. It would make sense, I am sure, for people who have sleeplessness due to high BP and hence the stress induced due to it.

Regards
Garcot

Re:how to give up Valium addiction? By: Michael Leger
Madison, WI

October 14 2008
Potentized Valium (Diazepam) in a watery dilution also works well and can be a very effective addition to the above mentioned remedies. Between 6 and 30C in 120ml - 240ml clean water.

The thinking behind this - valium as a toxin is bound by the body's structured water. Taking the potentized valium in a watery dilution provides the body with the exact type of structured water it needs to replace the retained valium. This method is very effective for overcoming withdrawal symptoms.

Best,

Michael

Re: how to give up Valium addiction? By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

October 14 2008
Michael's suggestion of using potentized Diazepam is interesting and it is possible that this may be a break through in the treatment of Valium withdrawal symptoms.

I would recommend that it is used and the results reported on this Forum.

Re:how to give up Valium addiction? By: udaya kumar
--

October 14 2008
Infact, all allopathic medicines without exception can be potentised and used as homeopathic medicines.
The larger benefits are :
i. All allopathic medicines have some or other proven medicinal powers.
2. All allopathic medicines have some kind of side affects.

The merits in homeo are :

i. It can convert poison into medicine.
ii., Potentisation removes side effects.

A combination of these two and other good parts in both the system can create a sea change in our approach towards medicines and pharmacopoeia.

Since even poison can be converted to medicine by potentisation, the allopathic medicines when potentised will have its medicinal power retained whereas the toxic as well as poisonous aspects which are responsible for the sideeffects are completely removed.

Since the homeo medicines are working in the energy level, it is much faster than any kind of medicines we can think of. It will work in the subtle level with allopathic benefits in homeopathic way without any side effects. We have already taken into our lap medicines like morphinum which is an alkhloid and has toxic effects if used in its crude form and therefore the withdrawal symptoms. In homeopathic potencies it does not exihibit any side effects, toxicity or withdrawal symptoms. If this is achieved, it would certainly replace the complete allopathic system,
except the stem cell therapy which is going to create its own paradigm with its good part and evil part.

--

Celletech can contribute to research on Drugs and Remedies By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

October 15 2008
Michael's company Celletech can contribute by way of research into the use of potentized Antibiotics and other drugs as they have the facilities to conduct trials, preferably double blind trials, with the potentized remedies to evaluate their effect on patients who are diagnosed with a known disease. The problem that can arise is the case of a patient presenting say Pneumonia being treated on a double blind basis with Penicilinum 200. The danger posed to the patient who is given the placebo will be too great as it is important that the patient is given the original drug or the potentized equivalent ASAP to prevent the spread of the disease.

It also occurs to me that Celletech can do research on Arnica and its effect on Diabetes, Angina, Hypertension and when used post surgery in a more professional manner than I have been able to do as I lack the training and the facilities to do so. My monograph on Arnica on the link below where I have listed many other ailments and diseases which are not in the Materia Medica can be used as a starting point.

http://www.homeopathyandmore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=236&highlight=arnica

Research can also be done on Nat Phos 6x which I have discovered is an excellent product to reduce weight very safely and cheaply at the rate of about 1 kg per week in the obese. It is also excellent as a remedy for GERD and other ailments like Constipation and reference to my monograph on this remedy on the link below will show how it has helped many patients in the past.

http://www.homeopathyandmore.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=237&highlight=nat+phos

It is only through a series of tests that any drug or remedy can be evaluated as being the specific for the disease and it can also then be shown to skeptics that the drug or the remedy does work to cure the disease irrespective of whether it is used in the classical manner or otherwise. As many are aware, I have been criticized by many 'classical' homeopaths as not following the Hahnemannian method but the fact is that I have proved beyond doubt that the direct "this for that" method aka "Joepathy" also works admirably in the cure of disease. I have refused to be cowed down by the classical fraternity into using the Classical Homeopathic method of cure and this lead to my being ostracized by some classical forums that have in the recent past invited me to return to them.

I do hope that Celletech will consider my suggestion and hopefully release their findings to the Homeopathic World in the near future.

Bangalore

October 17 2008
Dear Joe,

Garcot is the standing example of getting rid of anti-depressants like Amitriptline and other similar drugs, which was prescribed to him at 25mg level for use on a daily basis for 3 long years. Garcot got to understand about "Like cures like" only about 3 years ago and did not waste anytime before experimenting with potentised doses of these drugs/medicines and they all have done miracles to him within a short period of 30 days. Having said that, management of doses and temporary continuation of original medicine at regular intervals are something which varies from individual to individual. This is where, a healer is required and not just a homeopathic doctor. A healer, who is gifted with the "power of observation and ability to make a patient believe and make things happen"

Any support Celltech requires would be gladly provided from this end. And Robin Murphy infact practices this technique on all his patients and he has had amazing results. The classical homeopathy may call this Tautopathy but it is still "homeopathy" according to healers.

One can visit his site here:

http://www.alchemilla.com/

Regards
Garcot

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.