Cell/Biochemic Salts
Bach Flower Remedies
Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Mercurius Sulphuricus, Drarg, Oxyd, Sub-sulph
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Brain Starvation As We Age Appears To Trigger Alzheimer's: Improving Blood Flow To Brain Is Preventive Strategy
Started by: Joe De Livera at December 29 2008

Replies: 3 & Views: 2532    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

Brain Starvation As We Age Appears To Trigger Alzheimer's: I By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

December 29 2008
I am copying below an article from Sciencedaily.com which reports that "Brain Starvation As We Age Appears To Trigger Alzheimer's: Improving Blood Flow To Brain Is Preventive Strategy"

I have reported my findings on this Forum how I have been successful in helping 2 senior citizens both over 80 years of age who were unable to walk for months with Arnica 1M in the Wet Dose. In the case of one patient whom I treated at the end of last year he was mobile within a week on this Arnica 1M therapy and he continues to be mobile up to now. He had an accident and broke his arm a few months ago but this has been treated and he is now well.

The other patient whom I treated about 2 years ago was mobile within a month on Arnica 1M and was in the best of health for a year but suffered from a bad fall with a broken pelvis and the doctors were not able to help him due to his advanced age and he is confined to his bed.

The therapy that I used in both cases was Arnica 1M in the wet dose taken twice daily and I can only presume that both patients responded to the increase of the flow of blood which this remedy is known to promote.

It seems to me great pity that although the medical profession does not have any drug that can equate Arnica it still refuses to even consider the use of Homeopathy to help with treating this common problem that many are faced with like forgetfulness, inability to walk, loss of motor control in the extremities, Stroke, elevated Blood Pressure usually due to increased Cholesterol and Triglyceride levels, Diabetes and many other ailments directly or indirectly caused by advancing years.

I believe that these 2 cases I have treated in Sri Lanka during the past 3 years can be a pointer to the potential of using Homeopathy for treatment of ailments associated with age. Mine is a lone voice crying out in the wilderness to alert the medical world and of course our members that help is at hand for patients to live more productive lives in spite of their advancing years. It is my hope that they will take more notice of the potential of using Homeopathy in the treatment of human ailments and disease.

Here is the article from Sciencedaily.com

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/12/081224215704.htm

Brain Starvation As We Age Appears To Trigger Alzheimer's: Improving Blood Flow To Brain Is Preventive Strategy

ScienceDaily (Dec. 28, 2008) A slow, chronic starvation of the brain as we age appears to be one of the major triggers of a biochemical process that causes some forms of Alzheimer's disease.

A new study from Northwestern University's Feinberg School of Medicine has found when the brain doesn't get enough sugar glucose -- as might occur when cardiovascular disease restricts blood flow in arteries to the brain -- a process is launched that ultimately produces the sticky clumps of protein that appear to be a cause of Alzheimer's.

Robert Vassar, lead author, discovered a key brain protein is altered when the brain has a deficient supply of energy. The altered protein, called elF2alpha, increases the production of an enzyme that, in turn, flips a switch to produce the sticky protein clumps. Vassar worked with human and mice brains in his research.

The study is published in the December 26 issue of the journal Neuron.

"This finding is significant because it suggests that improving blood flow to the brain might be an effective therapeutic approach to prevent or treat Alzheimer's," said Vassar, a professor of cell and molecular biology at the Feinberg School.

A simple preventive strategy people can follow to improve blood flow to the brain is getting exercise, reducing cholesterol and managing hypertension.

"If people start early enough, maybe they can dodge the bullet," Vassar said. For people who already have symptoms, vasodilators, which increase blood flow, may help the delivery of oxygen and glucose to the brain, he added.

Vassar said it also is possible that drugs could be designed to block the elF2alpha protein that begins the formation of the protein clumps, known as amyloid plaques.

An estimated 10 million baby boomers will develop Alzheimer's in their lifetime, according to the Alzheimer's Association. The disease usually begins after age 60, and risk rises with age. The direct and indirect cost of Alzheimer's and other dementias is about $148 billion a year.

The initial trigger of Alzheimer's has long been a mystery.

Ten years ago, it was Vassar who discovered the enzyme, BACE1, that was responsible for making the sticky, fiber-like clumps of protein that form outside neurons and disrupt their ability to send messages.

But the cause of the high levels of the protein in people with the disease has been unknown. Vassar's study now shows that energy deprivation in the brain might be the trigger starting the process that forms plaques in Alzheimer's.

Vassar said his work suggests that Alzheimer's disease may result from a less severe type of energy deprivation than occurs in a stroke. Rather than dying, the brain cells react by increasing BACE1, which may be a protective response in the short term, but harmful in the long term.

"A stroke is a blockage that prevents blood flow and produces cell death in an acute, dramatic event," Vassar said. "What we are talking about here is a slow, insidious process over many years where people have a low level of cardiovascular disease or atherosclerosis in the brain. It's so mild, they don't even notice it, but it has an effect over time because it's producing a chronic reduction in the blood flow."

Vassar said when people reach a certain age, some may get increased levels of the enzymes that cause a build-up of the plaques. "Then they start falling off the cliff," he said.

Re: Brain Starvation As We Age Appears To Trigger Alzheimer' By: Randall

January 22 2017
"A simple preventive strategy people can follow to improve blood flow to the brain is getting exercise, reducing cholesterol and managing hypertension."

I started running on a daily basis to boost my circulation. Together with smart diet choices and a good 8+ hours of sleep, I am enjoying better mood, mental clarity, and less stress during work. Been trying ginseng, ginkgo and other herbs, but haven't yet found any supplement with noticeable results.

I was checking out some of the nootropics here: http://www.mhrc.cc/brain-supplements/ which are supposed to increase blood flow to the brain and boost focus. Not sure if they work as promised or not but there seems to be a fair amount of positive reviews about them. Worth looking into.

Re:Brain Starvation As We Age Appears To Trigger Alzheimer's By: 2tuff

January 26 2017
The brain is dominated by the functioning of the kidneys so in order to aid brain function then one must look after their kidney function. The body must be provided with saturated fats and all modern advise and drugs based on cholesterol myths should be ignored. Cayenne pepper (Capiscum) is great for circulation to the head but unfortunately its a heating herb so continual use is not advised unlike Ginkgo biloba which is neutral in temperature. An excellent method of improving circulation is massage and body work. One can also use an inversion table where one can be held upside down for periods of time. People must never use Statins along with all other synthetic drugs and the same with pesticide ridden foods. The body should be detoxed of internal poisons using the likes of Ozone therapy and other treatments.

You mention hypertension and this shows a dysfunction in the kidney performance. One of the roles of the Kidneys is to balance the heart performance and thus if you have heart troubles one of the usual sources is the kidneys not to mention how they power the liver which itself powers the heart. If the heart is dysfunctional this can have a knock on effect with the powering of the Spleen which is the source of balance for the kidneys.

Re: Brain Starvation As We Age Appears To Trigger Alzheimer' By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

January 26 2017
I am now 87 years old and I am convinced that I owe my state of wellness today to God in whom I have and abiding trust and to the Arnica 30c in the Wet dose which I have taken since 1996 at least nightly, or more often as necessary.

I would strongly recommend that anyone who reads this post, follows my example and takes a dose of Arnica 30c in the Wet dose twice daily.

Also read my article on this Forum entitled:
"ARNICA THE MIRACLE REMEDY"

You can do a search for it on this page.

Visit the second heading on the left column on this page "About Dose" for instructions to make the Wet dose of any remedy which I have used and promoted since 2005.

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.