Wyethia Helenoides
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Osteoarthritis and Gastritis
Started by: shiva at November 17 2010

Replies: 3 & Views: 3958    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

Osteoarthritis and Gastritis By: shiva

November 17 2010
An 82 yrs old lady is a chronic patient of hypertension and osteoarthritis as well as Gastritis. At present she is using anti hypertensive drugs, vitamin-mineral and iron supplement regularly and time to time PPI drugs for her GERD problem . She is also using homeo medicines –Arnica 30 and Argentum Met 30 both in wet dose along with Hypericum 200 to deal with her osteoarthritis pain in hip joint and Rhus Tox 1M occasionally according to severity of pain . She knows that at this age her osteoarthritis problem cannot be cured but wants that the pain should be within the tolerable limit. Her upper body is bent forward about 30 degree from hip joint. Her pain management is dealt with the above homeo medicines for which she can walk with a stick. At present her main concern is her abdominal problem .Since last 15 days , she is suffering with the following -: severe acidity- sour tests in mouth , burning sensation on pit of stomach, distended stomach , scanty urine, burning sensation while urinating, mild edema on feet and ankle, low appetite. Her eyes are painful and watery all the time . She is also a chronic patient of constipation for which she takes “ Kabz Har “ regularly since last ten years. The allopathy PPI drugs and antacid are tried by doctors for last 15 days but there is hardly any improvement.
I would request the learned forum members to suggest suitable homeo remedies both for her osteoarthritis and stomach problem.
With regards
shiva

Re:Osteoarthritis and Gastritis By: garcot
Bangalore

November 18 2010
This is truly an imbalance in Vata. The remedies that come to my mind are Nux Vom., CarboVeg. and Nat.phos in low potency either 2X or 3X. Nux vom should be tried in 200c potency just a couple of doses once a week. CarboVeg and Nat Phos should be taken regularly for long periods in the potency mentioned.

Best
Garcot

"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

Re: Osteoarthritis and Gastritis By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

November 18 2010
To Shiva

I am glad to note that your 82 year old mother has successfully controlled her pain from Osteoarthritis with the 3 remedies I prescribed some time ago, Argentum Met 30, Hypericum 200, and Arnica 30.

Please recheck the potency of the Arg Met as I believe that I prescribed the 6c potency in the Wet dose as many patients have confirmed that this potency was by far more effective than the 30c for Arthritis.

I note that Garcot has prescribed
"Nux Vom., CarboVeg. and Nat.phos"
I note however that he has not indicated the dosage of the Nat Phos which I have found the 6x to be the most effective for GERD. She can take 3-4 tablets but not to exceed 6 tablets immediately after a meal as this will prevent the GERD. Nat Phos will also help to soften the stools and help her to avoid constipation. It is absolutely safe to be used on a daily basis in comparison to the PPI drugs that she was prescribed which do more harm than good.

She is already taking the Arnica 30c presumably in the Wet dose that I have prescribed and this should help to soothe the Esophagus which I presume is badly eroded today from the gastric juices. The Nux V 200 may be used weekly.

You may like to know that I too am the same age as your mother at 82 years. I still drive myself to office daily although I leave an hour earlier to enable me to do my daily walk.

I do not have any medical condition or other aches and pains which are accepted at this advanced age as normal which I am convinced is due to my complete avoidance of drugs and my BP is <120/80 with Pulse <65 at rest.

I would recommend that anyone who reads this post also takes Arnica 30c in the Wet dose nightly for life to share the benefits that this remedy will bestow on the user.

The Wet dose of any Homeopathic remedy is made as follows:

Order the remedy in the Ethanol pack also referred to as Liquid Dilution in a bottle preferably with a dropper arrangement.
Get a 500ml bottle of Spring Water from the nearest supermarket.
Pour out about 3cm of water from the bottle to leave some airspace.
Insert 3 drops of the remedy into the bottle and shake the bottle hard before you sip a capfull of the bottle or a large teaspoonful which is the dose.
Shaking the bottle hard is homeopathic succussion and this shaking must be done every time before sipping a capful of the bottle twice daily.

Re:Osteoarthritis and Gastritis By: shiva

November 18 2010
Thanks Garcot / Joe for the early response.
I want to add more information which were not mentioned in my initial post by mistake - that she occasionally uses Carbo veg 3X on SOS basis whenever the upwards gas pressure gives her too much trouble and the remedy gives her relief. Now, She is regularly using Nat phos 6x - 4 tabs after each meals but her acidity problem has turned to hyper acidity..
She took Argentum Met 6 (wet dose) continuously for a year but suddenly her pain in hip joint increased tremendously for which the potency is increased to 30 since last six months Of course I can not say it has given her more relief but her pain is in tolerable limit.
In view of above suggestion, I shall use the following medicines for her Gastritis problem –
Nux Vom 200 twice in a week for 4 weeks, Carbo Veg 3X thrice in a day regularly,
Nat Phos 6x – 6 tabs after each meal continuously. But in place of using 3x6=18 tabs a day , can I add 12 tabs in a cup water and use this water thrice a day ?
For her osteoarthritis problem Shall I change the potency of Argentum to 6 ?
Shiva

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.