Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

7 week old infant with reflux?
Started by: gringa2010 at August 18 2010

Replies: 6 & Views: 4166    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

7 week old infant with reflux? By: gringa2010
CA

August 18 2010
My little girl is 7weeks old.Around 4 weeks of age she began to cry constantly,wanting to be held all the time,and would fall asleep only to awake after sleeping for like 30mins at a time.she would jolt awake and cry as if mad and hurt.she eats ravenously and is only breastfed.she spits up frequently,and at times it is quite a lot.she also makes a weird swallowing noise,almost like she has something in her throat that's hard to swallow.she seems to like being up on the shoulder and does not like lying on her back.she prefers her side.I tried colic calm which seemed to help for about four days but now seems to not be working for the last two.she sleeps better at night,but fights going to sleep.especially during the day.I am desperate to help her but not sure what to do!?help!

Re:7 week old infant with reflux? By: garcot
Bangalore

August 18 2010
1.There is nothing wrong with the child. Since she is totally breastfed, she gets the essence(nutrients) of what you eat as the mother. There are certain foods that are strict NO while breastfeeding. Please consult your Paed.
So have a relook at the food that you eat and change it suitably.

2. You can take silicea 6X ( Bio-chemic) and NatMur 6X ( Bio-chemic) 2 tablets, 3 times a day for 1 week and observe the improvements.

3. Avoid very acidic food and drinks especially coffee and tea, coke etc.... If you are already following the strict food regimen, the above remedies would help immensely the child in assimilation process.

Hope it helps.

Best
Garcot

"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

Re:7 week old infant with reflux? By: gringa2010
CA

August 18 2010
When I was reading online she had a lot of the classic symptoms of infant reflux??what do remedies you suggest do?

CA

August 18 2010
Also I am careful what I eat,and have examined my food journal with no change in my babys symptoms

CA

August 19 2010
I bought the remedies you suggested,since I breastfeed I take them correct?or am I to give them to her?please specify

Re:7 week old infant with reflux? By: garcot
Bangalore

August 19 2010
You have to take them and not the baby.

Best
Garcot

"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

CA

August 24 2010
Hello Garcot,it will be a week tomorrow that I went to the store bought the silicea and nat phos you advised,and startedtaking them.My baby has done very well since then!in the last week she has spit up significantly less,I haven't been hearing the rumbling in her tummy as before,and she no longer cries and cries as before.also the swallowing sound she was making before that I contributed to the acid coming up has decreased a lot as well.my question is now where do I go from here?do I continue to take the medicines?decrease them?what should I do?

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.