Cell/Biochemic Salts
Bach Flower Remedies
Obesity Treatment
Herbal Remedies
Reciprocal Links

Vinca Minor
Picture of this second

Locations of visitors to this page

Any antidote to Eupatorium perfoliatum?...
Started by: muruganrsa at December 4 2009

Replies: 12 & Views: 8242    Font    Page 1 of 1            Reply

Any antidote to Eupatorium perfoliatum?... By: muruganrsa

December 4 2009
My sister got chikungunya type viral fever last week. She was under treatment with allopathic medicines. She was running high fever. I gave her Rhus tox 200c (as I didn't have 1M on hand)
one dose ....followed by Gels 30c three doses. She got relieved of fever.
But, the joint pain continued. So, I gave her Eupatorium perfoliatum 200c (I didn't have 30c on hand) in wet dose twice daily for three days. She got relief from joint pain. But, without my knowledge, she took another dose of Eupatorium (from same preparation) yesterday as she got some pain
in legs.
Today morning, as she woke up, she got rashes all over body. I am not sure whether this is due to Eupatorium or something else. Is it possible for Eupatorium to cause such effect?
If it is due to Eupatorium, what is the antidote to neutralise the effect?
Please let me know.
Regards,
Murugan

Re:Any antidote to Eupatorium perfoliatum?... By: user123

December 4 2009
You may consider universal antidotes Nux Vom and Camphor. It seems that Nux may work here.

Re:Any antidote to Eupatorium perfoliatum?... By: garcot
Bangalore

December 4 2009
According to Hering:

COMPATIBLE :- Nat-m., Sep., follow well.

SIMILAR :- Bry. (its closest analoguous), Chel., Lyc., Pod.

The rashes are not due to the remedy but the nature of virus, when it leaves the body. A dose or two of ledum would greatly help, if the symptom picture matches that of Ledum, which mostly will.

hope it helps
Garcot

"wisdom in your body is deeper than your deepest philosophy"(Nietszche)

Re:Any antidote to Eupatorium perfoliatum?... By: udaya kumar
--

December 4 2009
Eupatorium second dose has nothing to do with the rashes. It must be urticaria. The malady inside has surfaced to the skin level and should be seen as a sign of cure from vital organs to the surface. Sulphur 30(for the skin) and Antim Tart 30( for lungs) are the medicines here. The two medicines can be alternated. In 15 days use one dose of Rhus Tox 1M. Whenever respiratory ailments surface to skin level it should be known to surface as urticaria.

--

Re: Any antidote to Eupatorium perfoliatum?... By: Joe De Livera
Sri Lanka

December 4 2009
If your sister was affected by Chikungunya (CKG) you may like to know that the remedy that I used in Sri Lanka to treat over a hundred patients in 2007 was Polyporus Pinicola 200 (PP) in the Wet dose. The patients responded very quickly, almost overnight in under 3 days.

You can use this remedy even today as patients who were not treated with the PP therapy have complained even a year after their illness that they used to have sundry pains in their joints and some even complained of intense pain in their toes similar to being pierced with a needle.

All these pains disappeared with a dose of PP 200 in the Wet dose. This remedy has to be taken by chronic patients infected with PP who did not have the good fortune to be treated with PP. It can be taken whenever they feel the relapse of the pain from PP.

Re:Any antidote to Eupatorium perfoliatum?... By: muruganrsa

December 4 2009
Thank u 'user123' for the kind response.

December 4 2009
Thank u 'garcot' for your kind response. I read the ledum symptoms and it doesn't match.....can u elaborate on this....thanks

December 4 2009
Thank u Mr. Joe. I already read ur messages about Polyporus pinicola. Unfortunately, I could not able to get it so far. Probably, I will be getting it by next week. Gelsemium works well as a preventive. But, my sister has taken it only after the fever...so, it's of no help. Thanks for your information.

December 4 2009
Dear Dr. Udya Kumar,

Thanks for the input. Her husband is the one who suffers from CIDP symptom. As I don't want to mix with that post...i started this new one.

She got some fungal type infection on her palms, a few months ago (skin peel off). And, it surfaces occasionally. What you have opined may be right. I will follow the medicines suggested by you and let u know the progress.

Thanks again for your valuable input.

Regards,
Murugan

--

December 4 2009
Ok. But certainly try to get Polyporus pinicola as suggested by Joe. It is a valuable medicine in chicken gunya.

--

December 4 2009
Thank you Dr. Udaya Kumar.
Polyporus pinicola is on its way to me. Probably, I will get it in a couple of day.

In the mean time, I read in hpathy.com about symptoms of Chikungunya. Skin rashes are included. And, just now I got information that many people are getting this rash as secondary Chikungunya infection.

Thank you for your time and help.

Regards,
Murugan

Chikungunya - SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS

The primary symptoms of Chikungunya include -

* Fever which can reach 39C, (102.2 F)
* A petechial or maculopapular rash usually involving the limbs and trunk
* Arthralgia (bodyache) or arthritis affecting multiple joints which can be debilitating. The joint pains can be severe and even crippling.

There can also be headache, conjunctival infection and slight photophobia. Fever typically lasts for two days and abruptly comes down, however joint pain, intense headache, insomnia and an extreme degree of prostration lasts for a variable period, usually for about 5 to 7 days.

Dermatological manifestations observed in a recent outbreak of Chikungunya fever in Southern India includes the following:

* Maculopapular rash
* Nasal blotchy erythema
* Freckle-like pigmentation over centro-facial area
* Flagellate pigmentation on face and extremities
* Lichenoid eruption and hyperpigmentation in photodistributed areas
* Multiple aphthous-like ulcers over scrotum, crural areas and axilla.
* Lympoedema in acral distribution (bilateral /unilateral)
* Multiple ecchymotic spots (Children)
* Vesiculobullous lesions (infants)
* Subungual hemorrhage

--

December 4 2009
The antidot to Eupatorium is Camphor.

Yes the skin ailments may be seen as secondary infection, but skin ailments should fundamentally be understood as less severe than acting upon the vital organs. It is visible its nature is known and therefore, easier to find appropriate medicines is fundamental that human body can throw out ailments to the surface to know what is the nature of the illness ailing inside. It should be seen as welcome sign and treated appropriately. with best wishes.

--

December 5 2009
I understood Dr. Udaya Kumar.
Thank you very much.
Regards
Murugan

Page 1 of 1
Page 1 of 1
IMPORTANT: This site provides only educational materials, all advices given here are only for educational purpose.